Help me pick between Jumping Boots or CSGMs

LaenaLovely

Sep 16, 2015
I'm getting myself a little gift after a good year at work...I'm debating between black or etoupe jumping boots or a few CSGMs and some twillys...thoughts?

I adore jumping boots ever since I saw that fab ad with that tall blond model a while back. (Of course they will make anyone who wears them look like that, right? hehe)

I also adore the CSGMs...I just got my first after seeing all your lovely pics and have become obsessed with them..

Not sure what to pick!!

All you ladies are experts...so I thought I get your opinion. Of course I want them all...but I'm trying to regulate myself! ;)

Try on the boots. They are very nice if you can wear them. The fit is kind of funny, however. One must have very slim calves and rather long legs. Mine nearly hit me in the knees. They are difficult to remove without a boot jack. You can get the Asian Cut boots which are shorter and have a wider shaft if needed.
You might fall in love with them or you may not....I sort of think that you "need"...both.

Try on the boots. They are very nice if you can wear them. The fit is kind of funny, however. One must have very slim calves and rather long legs. Mine nearly hit me in the knees. They are difficult to remove without a boot jack. You can get the Asian Cut boots which are shorter and have a wider shaft if needed.
You might fall in love with them or you may not....I sort of think that you "need"...both.

Haha...yes I've found that I "need" a lot of things I never knew I did ever since I started my H love. Thanks for your help! I have pretty skinny calves and am fairly tall, so I'm hoping they will fit nicely. If they aren't comfy, I don;t think I can do it. I am trending to only doing comfy shoes after having a baby and heels just aren't happening these days (other than to the office).

I would try on the boots. If they are a perfect fit and comfortable, get them. And if not, then
The decision is made for you! But I think you will end up with both in the end.

I may be the wrong person to chime in but I think u already know what I would suggest my friend [emoji6][emoji6].... CSGMs all the way!!!! Especially given that winter is almost upon us u will get a lot of use out of these babies [emoji173]️[emoji173]️... But I am also stupid enough to refuse a kelly and a B in favor of shawls [emoji33][emoji33]so I am heavily biased[emoji12][emoji12]

in my opinion you would need both.....i got my black box jumping boots years ago online and luckily i got the right size. grass is greener next door.....i crave for etoupe or etain tone now. CSGM is lovely too, but which keeps you warmer i would go for the boots. it will be a fun outing to H undecided, what a lovely experience it would be. you may walk out the store with something totally unplanned....H magic

No need to waste time choosing between the 2, you will end up having both anyway.
Just visit the store and see which one is avail then grab that item 1st.

My vote is for the jumping boots in any color! have both a multitude of CSGMs and the etain jumping boots, so my opinion is based on my preference only.

Let us know what you decide! :heart:

My vote is for the jumping boots in any color! have both a multitude of CSGMs and the etain jumping boots, so my opinion is based on my preference only.

Let us know what you decide! :heart:

+ 1

my etain jumping is the best thing i ever got from hermes, and i hesitated a lot!

they r the most comfortable and beatiful boots i have owned, and very warm too.

however, i would advise to try both cuts, i have slim legs and am tall but it is the Asian cut that i found the most comfortable -even though iwould prefer them a bit taller. CSGMs you will be getting from time to time anyways i think, but boots you will not have too many, so much the work milestone i would go for boots!

+ 1

my etain jumping is the best thing i ever got from hermes, and i hesitated a lot!

they r the most comfortable and beatiful boots i have owned, and very warm too.

however, i would advise to try both cuts, i have slim legs and am tall but it is the Asian cut that i found the most comfortable -even though iwould prefer them a bit taller. CSGMs you will be getting from time to time anyways i think, but boots you will not have too many, so much the work milestone i would go for boots!

Also, let's stop and analyze H pricing here before we go any further ~ H jumping boots have increased in price by $500 USD in a few short years while CSGMs have remained stable if not decreased in price by a slight margin.

Great replies here. Please try the boots on, other than the fit some do not find the stiffer Box versions comfortable to walk in. Oddly enough I am very short but my calves are ok and I can wear the regular cut without any issues.

I heard mixed reviews on boots so definitely try em on first. If it was me I'd totally go for CSGM. I live on the east coast so I get to use the heck outta them. Worth every cent.

Riding boots and tucked in jeans can look outdated in time,although I liked the Jumping Boots a couple of years ago I'm less enamoured now that silhouettes are veering away from skinny pants.

CSGM s get my vote!