help me pick an LV for traveling!

green7ea

Jul 14, 2006
Hey girls!

I've been pouring over the LV website trying to decide on a nice carry-on type bag. I want something that can be carried comfortably on the arms (or shoulder), but also has a cross body strap in case i need to wear it messenger style. I want it to be big enough to fit some snacks, light jacket, and magazines, but not be too heavy.

What are you girls currently using or traveling and what would you suggest I get?

I suggest a Keepall.
The 45 is a good carry-on for the items you mentioned.
The 55 is the largest allowed as a carry-on and is great for a weekend trip, or even a week or more ... depending on where you're going and how much you're packing.

You can get them with or without a strap, but I suggest you get the version that comes with a strap.

I was thinking about that, but I was worried that it will get too heavy/hard to carry once I fill it with items? I have a Gucci boston bag and it gets quite heavy once I put my daily stuff in there.

I was thinking about that, but I was worried that it will get too heavy/hard to carry once I fill it with items? I have a Gucci boston bag and it gets quite heavy once I put my daily stuff in there.

Well, any over the shoulder bag will get heavy once it is filled and depending on what it is filled with. The keepall is very light when empty, so it really just depends on what you put in it. I travel with my 55 all the time and fill it pretty well and it's fine.

I would suggest the Keepall for what you mentioned. Perhaps the 45 or 50 if that's all you're going to carry. I also have a Gucci boston bag, and these are bigger than it, so you should be fine as far as "it getting heavy" goes.

I don't know how much room you need but have you seen the Icare in monogram or damier? It has handles and a nice wide strap as well, plus it looks nice and stylish IMO. I really wanted one as my carry on but couldn't afford one after buying handbags instead.:biggrin:

I have a keepall 55 with strap and I love it. I think you should get one, too, it is an amazing travel bag and never goes out of style. Its the perfect size that I take when I go away for the weekend, but I also use it any time I go on longer trips just to hold my random stuff. Also, I wouldn't get any smaller size than the 55 because as soon as you get it, you're going to realize that it's too small.

I have the Keepall 45 with strap and the 55 w/o the strap. Love them both. The 45 is great for the things you mentioned.

I personally want to purchase the Carryall as well because it was meant to travel with said items- it has side pockets and a pocket in side. Great bag. I can't wait till I can swing one.

The Keepall 45 Mono w/ strap is the one bag on my wishlist right now. I am also lusting over a Mon Monogram Keepall of the same.

Believe it or not, I carry another brand duffel/satchel that is the same length as the Keepall 45 as a day bag, so for me, it's perfect size for day trip or travel.