Help me pick a workbag --Damier NF or Passy GM

Dukeprincess

On my throne
O.G.
Apr 6, 2009
Hello Everyone, I am in the market for a new workbag. I need something incredibly functional and that can hold at the very least these items: shoes, laptop, documents, cell phone, Koala wallet, Blackberry, glasses, eyedrops, and lipgloss. If I could throw my lunch in there, that would be an added plus (but I do have a separate bag I carry it in). I work in DC, so I commute by train.

I work in a professional environment where people aren't very flashy, so that is why I wanted something non-monogram.

If I go with the Damier NF, my concerns are:

1. Should I get the MM or GM?
2. Will the thin straps hurt my shoulder when I have lots of stuff in the bag?

If I go with the Passy GM, my concerns are:

1. Will I be able to fit everything in it?

I need to buy within a week or two, so I appreciate any advice (or experiences) that you have had with either bag! Or any bags I hadn't considered! TIA. :flowers:

I have the Passy GM for work and also live in the DC area (don't take metro though). It's a great work bag, but I don't think all of your things will fit. You probably could get everything in it except your shoes.

I use my neverfull as a work bag. When I am not at work I tighten the sides and it becomes a great going out bag. It's like having two bags for the cost of one. Go with the neverfull!

The passy is a GREAT understated work bag, and I really like that it has a lot more structure on it than the neverfull. :yes:

Either would be fantastic, the neverfull has a slight leg up because it's bigger, but it will definitely be more recognizable.

I use my neverfull as a work bag. When I am not at work I tighten the sides and it becomes a great going out bag. It's like having two bags for the cost of one. Go with the neverfull!

What size do you have? I can't decide if I should get the GM or the MM.

Anyone have any experience with the straps hurting? I am wondering if I tote a lot of stuff in it, will the straps dig into my shoulder? TIA! :biggrin:

Hi - I have the Passy GM and I too work in a professional environment. No one has a clue its an LV. I bought it straight from the mothership on Champs Elysee a while back, before LV came out with the Neverfull. The Passy is a structured bag...not good for the bulkiness of shoes (I'm assuming heels?). I overstuffed my Passy one time and it looked awful...

What size do you have? I can't decide if I should get the GM or the MM.

Anyone have any experience with the straps hurting? I am wondering if I tote a lot of stuff in it, will the straps dig into my shoulder? TIA! :biggrin:

I have the damier MM. I find that it has more then enough room inside. The GM looks silly on me since I am only 5'3. The straps don't dig into me but I have been wearing it with my winter coat, that does give me extra padding.