Help me pick a workbag --Damier NF or Passy GM

Dukeprincess

On my throne
O.G.
Apr 6, 2009
VA/DC Metro Area
Hello Everyone, I am in the market for a new workbag. I need something incredibly functional and that can hold at the very least these items: shoes, laptop, documents, cell phone, Koala wallet, Blackberry, glasses, eyedrops, and lipgloss. If I could throw my lunch in there, that would be an added plus (but I do have a separate bag I carry it in). I work in DC, so I commute by train.

I work in a professional environment where people aren't very flashy, so that is why I wanted something non-monogram.

If I go with the Damier NF, my concerns are:

1. Should I get the MM or GM?
2. Will the thin straps hurt my shoulder when I have lots of stuff in the bag?

If I go with the Passy GM, my concerns are:

1. Will I be able to fit everything in it?

I need to buy within a week or two, so I appreciate any advice (or experiences) that you have had with either bag! Or any bags I hadn't considered! TIA. :flowers:

Victoria2

Mar 28, 2008
Virginia
I have the Passy GM for work and also live in the DC area (don't take metro though). It's a great work bag, but I don't think all of your things will fit. You probably could get everything in it except your shoes.

mp4

Weimanuts!
O.G.
Oct 20, 2007
I don't think the shoes will fit... Go for the neverfull

*Jilly*

Feb 7, 2010
Long Island,NY
I use my neverfull as a work bag. When I am not at work I tighten the sides and it becomes a great going out bag. It's like having two bags for the cost of one. Go with the neverfull!

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
The passy is a GREAT understated work bag, and I really like that it has a lot more structure on it than the neverfull. :yes:

Either would be fantastic, the neverfull has a slight leg up because it's bigger, but it will definitely be more recognizable.

Dukeprincess

On my throne
O.G.
Apr 6, 2009
VA/DC Metro Area
I use my neverfull as a work bag. When I am not at work I tighten the sides and it becomes a great going out bag. It's like having two bags for the cost of one. Go with the neverfull!
What size do you have? I can't decide if I should get the GM or the MM.

Anyone have any experience with the straps hurting? I am wondering if I tote a lot of stuff in it, will the straps dig into my shoulder? TIA! :biggrin:

torontogirl999

Feb 18, 2010
Hi - I have the Passy GM and I too work in a professional environment. No one has a clue its an LV. I bought it straight from the mothership on Champs Elysee a while back, before LV came out with the Neverfull. The Passy is a structured bag...not good for the bulkiness of shoes (I'm assuming heels?). I overstuffed my Passy one time and it looked awful...

*Jilly*

Feb 7, 2010
Long Island,NY
What size do you have? I can't decide if I should get the GM or the MM.

Anyone have any experience with the straps hurting? I am wondering if I tote a lot of stuff in it, will the straps dig into my shoulder? TIA! :biggrin:
I have the damier MM. I find that it has more then enough room inside. The GM looks silly on me since I am only 5'3. The straps don't dig into me but I have been wearing it with my winter coat, that does give me extra padding.