Help me pick a school bag...going to LV on Sat.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great suggestions!!!

I never thought of the Noe, I will look at that too!

I think your right about the vachetta too, that makes me a little nervous and I probably should not have one with vachetta on the bottom.

The Regular Noe has a full vachetta bottom unfortunately, so you would have the same problem as the Lockit Horizontal. I agree with the BH or the Saleya!

I didn't realize the Noe had a vachetta bottom!

Well, it looks like it's shaping up to be the BH!!

Let me ask you guys this though, does it have a soft bottom or hard? I mean, when you put books in it, will it get all streched out or sagging at the bottom because you've got a lot in it?

Two of my school age daughters (one college, one 17) both use the Batignolles Horizontal (the other college daughter is using my Babylone) - they load them up trememdously and I've never seen them look saggy - it's a pretty sturdy, and wonderful, bag!

Noes have a LOT of vachetta; I don't recommend getting a brand new one for school...unless you get an epi. :yes: They do hold a ton, though. I can fit a couple notebooks, a couple books, and still have room for other things (makeup, school stuff, etc.).

Hi T! *waves*

My first venturing into the LV forum for months now...

What about a SO Damier Mezzo? Ordered now it should potentially be able to arrive by the time school starts for you in July? Low maintenance of damier, but different shape than your saleya pm.

Otherwise another vote for the BH. Great shoulder bag.

I tried on the saleya gm before and I didn't like how it looked in proportion to me, but that's just my personal taste. I felt the bottom was too wide and forced me to hold my arm out to the side rather than it resting down naturally. Just my personal thoughts tho. :biggrin:

Good luck with the choice! Picking a new bag is always loads of fun!

I personally used the mono messenger abesses (Sp?) and the large montsouris when I was in undergrad/grad school. I hated the montsouris because of the buckle but really liked the messenger.
The only drawback to the saleya would be rolled handles, which can be uncomfy on the shoulder. I wouldn't want two sizes of the same bag either if I was you, so maybe go for the beverly GM or XXL?? It's something new and different. If I were you I might want a either a damier/azur/mono neverful too maybe?
I have the aurelia GM in black and personally feel it is too large for a purse but I bet it would make a good school bag. Makes me wanna go back so I'll have a reason to tote it. LOL

^^ Thanks guys!! You all have such good ideas!! Okay, so I am checking out the:

Beverly GM
Batignolles Horizontal
Cabas Mezzo
Messanger Bag
Hampstead GM
Vavin GM

So, hopefully one of these will work for me!

Can't wait to go on Saturday, I'll be back Saturday night with lots of pics....I'm bringing home a FEW things Saturday!! LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.