Help me pick a purple bag!

Jan 22, 2008
So I really want a purple bag for fall but I have no idea where to start. I haven't been able to get out to any good shops lately (pretty far from where I live) and I really want to try and order one soon.

I'm pretty open, but the only things I'm looking for are:
-matte finish (I don't want patent)
-open top (no zip top)
-only one strap)

I like a hobo/satchel style bag with a bit of slouchiness and some detailing. I like things like the Rebecca Minkoff Nikki hobo and Kooba Natasha, but I am trying to stay under $350 because this bag is going to get a lot of wear. I am in my twenties and work a very casual job so it really just needs to be something I can throw things in and go. I usually wear jeans and a bright colored v neck and maybe brown sandals or boots.

Thanks in advice! Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have the Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Lil Riz Hobo. I adore this bag! You should definitely look into it although it's a teeny bit over the price range you wanted to stay in but it's well worth it!

NMV06LD_mn.jpg

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...t000141cat000149cat000226cat9610737cat6340744

Not to sound repetitive but you need to check out the Ignes threads. You can easily get a great bag for your price , custom made, there is a 15% off tpf first time buyer incentive. There are many beautiful colors to choose from, see the colors from the threads not the website. Oh yeah the owners are top notch customer service oriented people.:tup:

I echo frangelica, and you can definitely get a bag for under $350 with personal customizations, delivered with complimentary shipping, pre-paid custom duty, a bonus purse hook/hanger, and the best customer service to be found.

You should check out the Tano subforum there are two different purple colors in the fall collection Grape and Amethyst and a ton of different kinds of bags to choose from and they for the most part are under $250

The Tano purples are gorgeous! And I'm a huge Ignes fan! Hard choices when EVERYTHING looks great in purple!

I have a Target bag for school that has a single strap, and it's actually annoying to get things in and out of it with the strap across the opening. So if you want a single strap, consider access, something I thought would be just fine isn't.

I saw the Tano ones and though the grape boogie bucket is almost just what I'm looking for I really don't like black trim, I would much prefer brown.

The Ignes seem nice but all look a little too structured for the look I'm going for.

Thanks for the tip about the strap, I see where that could be an issue. I guess I should decide if it's more annoying to have two straps or more annoying to have to get stuff in and out of a bag with just one.

Thanks for all the input. Any more ideas?

I love and bought this B. Makowsky.

Attachments

• Picture 1145.jpg
    Picture 1145.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Picture 1154.jpg
    Picture 1154.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 1146.jpg
    Picture 1146.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Picture 1142.jpg
    Picture 1142.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 41
Great choice! Such a cute bag, and the color is so rich.

That bag is really cute in person....saw it while purple shopping at the mall. And it's very comfy. The purple is bluer than most I've seen but still more red than I prefer in a purple. I like deep purples more on the blue end of the spectrum.