Help me pick a pair of shoes

ahertz

O.G.
Jul 16, 2007
Hi ladies, I need gold shoes to match a dress I'm wearing in a couple of weeks. I found these two online and was excited about the Miu Mius but when I went to Saks today they weren't available. I did try on the Choos. I have a very similar pair of the Choos in silver and I know they're comfortable (relatively) but I was hoping to get something different. Are the others too ornate? Realistically I want a pair of shoes that will get the most wear ...

Let me know what you think and what you like / don't like about each pair. Thanks!!

Attachments

• Gold Miu.jpg
    Gold Miu.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 110
  • GoldCHoo.jpg
    GoldCHoo.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 88
I think the first one is fine as long as the dress is relatively plain. T straps can be difficult to pull off so just make sure they are a style that works for you.

I personally like the choos better but I understand not wanting to duplicate.

Thanks for your input Zoey. The dress is a fairly simple LBD with a halter--the halter is gathered by a gold rope.

I'm open to other suggestions, too if someone has a good idea.

The Jimmy Choos are classics...the Miu Mius are not. Heel ornamentation and heavy detail are a trend, and so any shoes that buy too much into it will look really dated in a year or two. Go with what's comfortable and what will give you tons of wear.

I agree that the Choos might be a better option for me because of the classic styling...but they're SO close to my silver version. What do you all think about that? Do you have more than one shoe in different colors?

I'm a sucker for bling, so I would definitely choose the first pair. But since this is about what you want, I would say that it seems like you want the first because you seem to want a different answer when people have said the JC pair.

I absolutely love the Miu Mius. I don't like to get multiple pairs of the same style, but that is my personal preference. I really truly like the Miu Mius though--they are exciting!

I have pretty much the same JCs in 3 colors (the Jag, Smooth, and Juliet). It's such a classic, timeless shoe and looks amazing on the foot! The smooth is a little bit more fun w/ the ankle strap--what about that one?

I prefer the Choos...but then again, I'm a big Choo fan myself so I always pick those LOL

But realistically, the Miu Miu's seem like they would be a special event type of shoe only, whereas the Choo's I can see being worn with a pair of nice jeans and a blouse. Just easier to wear with more outfits rather than #1.

the jimmy choos. the heel on the miu mius looks too heavy for the delicate straps of the shoe. i also like the color of the choos more because it's not overly yellow, just a nice subtle gold.