Help me pick a new bag!

Which bag should I buy to celebrate my graduation?

• Givenchy Pandora Medium

• Chloe Marcie Medium

• LV Speedy 30 Bandouliere DE

• I don't like any of the bags on your list

Results are only viewable after voting.

mrsadrienneg

Jul 26, 2012
Hi! I don't post that often, I usually just read and look at the pretty pictures. I am celebrating a milestone and wanted to treat myself to a new bag. I went back to school to get my bachelor's degree about 5 years ago. I have a great job and 2 kids, so it was a huge decision! There are times when I almost threw in the towel, but now that I'm done, I'm so glad I stuck with it.

Anyway, I think you ladies in this forum have great style! I was hoping you can help me pick a bag. I'm eyeing a few but would love to hear other suggestions or your thoughts. I know many of you have these bags, and although I'd like them all, I've only budgeted about $2K.

I have 2 kids (5 & 6 years old), so I don't need to carry a huge bag anymore, but I still carry a lot in my bag - usually snacks, an ipad, water bottle, a small coloring book and crayons, plus my stuff (wallet, cosmetic bag, and other small things depending on where I'm going). I use a LV Neverfull GM for work, and have tried to use it on the weekends, but it is huge. Lately I've been carrying a Coach duffle (not the large, but the regular size) and find this size to be pretty good. I also like the crossbody function and it is a plus.

Here are the bags I've been drooling over.

Givenchy Pandora Medium
Chloe Marcie Medium
LV Speedy 30 Bandoulier in DE
Any other recommendations?

What do you think?

First, congratulations!! What an exciting milestone! I hope that you are celebrating! I also voted for the Marcie. It is gorgeous, understated, and will withstand time and wear.

Another vote for the Marcie! It is so unique, feminine and I keep hearing Chloe is a great brand. I posted about the Paraty recently. Both bags are on my wishlist :smile:

Congrats on reaching your milestone!

Thank you for your responses! I was obsessing over the Marcie so I went down to Neiman Marcus to try it on and it did not sing to me. It goes to show that looking at pictures or watching videos should not seal the deal! Also, I was a bit disappointed that the crossbody wasn't adjustable. So the Marcie is a no go for me! :sad:

However, I was at the Stanford Shopping Center and stopped at the LV store. I drooled at the Speedy 30 in the empreinte print. I know it's a bit over what I budgeted (okay okay, it's actually alot more!), but I loved it so! I'm thinking that I should spend the money on what I actually love, especially since I'm celebrating such an important milestone.

Does anyone already have the Speedy 30 bandoulier empreinte? And if so, how is the wear and tear after some time (after 6 months, or even a year)?

I never thought I'd have such a hard decision to make! :confused1:

I love all the bags in your poll but......you are celebrating a very important event, and LV Speedy will be perfect. I don't have an Empreinte though, just a mono that I bought a long time ago....
And it's an icon to me!

Congratulations, Mrs! A lot of hard work, indeed!!!
I will throw in another brand that is popular in the UK and coming into it's own in the States...Mulberry. Within your price range, well made, great leathers/colors and several crossbody styles. Sold on several sites in the States.
Go on the tPF Mulberry forum and check them out.
Hope I didn't make you more confused. LOL!