Help me pick a Kelly

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Rouge Garance Epsom 32cm with Gold HW (Ridgide) or Rouge H Vache Liegee Leather 35cm with Gold HW (Souple)?

Want one that I can dress up/down. This will be my first - and probably only Kelly - for a while. Thanks.

2. This is a tough one. I love both colors. Rough H in Vache Ligee is a great color. Has more brown undertone. It may be a bit big to dress up with, even though the color is more neutral. I wear a rouge H 35 box souple as my everyday bag because it holds a lot. I also like more structured bags even if they are souple. I don't think I would dress up with a 35 though.

Rigide looks more formal IMO. I love both styles. The 32 rigide may serve its purpose. Rouge G is a gorgeous red.

3. The 32 is more versatile.

4. Epsom is a leather that you have to love. So if you haven't seen it in real life I suggest you try to do so.

5. Thanks. I am leaning towards the 35 VL Rouge H. The only I am looking at is in "Very Good" condition at portero for $6700. Is that a reasonable price?

6. I read your thread yesterday but had to think about it before I posted a response.

I would go with the Rouge H.

For me, I'm not a huge fan of Epsom (I was offered an Epsom Bougeinvillea Birkin 30 but I turned it down).

I looked at both bags on Portero and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rouge H bag. It's absolutely stunning! Go for it :biggrin:

7. Thanks! I am about the pull the trigger on the 35. I am not a fan of Epsom either and the Rouge H is starting to tug at my heart-strings. I am only concerned about condition and price, and whether the less-than-perfect condition is worth the 2K or so discount.

8. I think Portero has a pretty reasonable return policy, if I'm not mistaken. If you are unhappy with it's condition, you can either return it altogether or try and convince them to give you a partial credit (perhaps refund $1,000 or so to your credit card).

9. Thanks. This particular one is no-return/final sale. It is a 2006 bag. Does the price seem reasonable?

10. I got a Rouge Garance Togo 32cm a month ago from Dallas store. It is $9250 pre-tax

11. Thanks. So this is a 35 and VL - about 10K retail new?

12. $9250 is Togo 32cm sellier price. I'm not sure which one cost more Rigide or sellier.

13. VL is the most expensive skin I believe. Go for it. I just love the way colors look in VL.

14. That is the same thing. The Kelly Rigide changed name to Sellier in 2002/2003...;)