Which chain do you like best?

• Bead

• Cable

• Rope

• Figaro

Results are only viewable after voting.

bipolarbear

Jun 10, 2009
So, I design jewelry and am looking for some style help here. I currently offer customers options of snake chains and wires. I have some classic designs, but my stuff leans more toward celtic/boho-ethnic/casual items. I'd like to give customers one more chain option in a 2mm or less size so it will go through all the bails. If you didn't want a snake chain and had a choice of the below, which would you want?

This is a snake chain, which is what I currently sell:
snake.jpg

Here are the choices for the poll...
Bead:
bead.jpg

Cable:
cable.jpg

Rope:
rope.gif

Figaro:
figaro.gif

Last edited:

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
I am actually a fan of box chains; they tend to look more delicate without being as prone to kinking or damage. Otherwise I rather like any of the options you have except the rope chain. Bead necklaces are very popular, however, and I bet a lot of people would appreciate that option.

bipolarbear

Jun 10, 2009
Thanks so much for your suggestion, Hautemama (and everyone who kindly helped me out with the poll). I was leaning toward the bead as well, as that is so popular right now, but wasn't sure if it would be better to give a more old-fashioned/traditional option like the rope or figaro. It seems like the gals here are definitely more for the bead and cable options. Thanks!!

bc882000

Apr 30, 2009
I voted bead coz it looks real pretty, but my daily necklace is box. Will probably look at getting a bead one soon.

I also agree with Sternchen - maybe you could post some photos of your design so we can all have a look!