HELP me pick a birkin for my b'day!

sarahcantiik

Which bag to buy today?
Mar 27, 2006
Okay folks, my b'day is coming very soon, and my parents have agreed to buy me a new birkin as a b'day present. I have a friend who lives in Paris and I'm going to go that way to get it. I need help on which birkin to choose. I'm thinking like black chevre 30 cm with gold h/w... how does that sound? I also really want a rouge h chamonix 30 with gold h/w, but I know that might be harder to get. I saw my mum's friend with her 30 cm chevre shocking pink birkin and it was so cute, but I already have a fuchsia chevre kelly, so it's too similar.
I like 35 cms, but last time I used it for travelling and I put the bag on my shoulder all the time, it felt so heavy, so I think I prefer 30 cm.

Black box also sounds yummy and it's been on my mind for like forever, but I already have a thalassa blue box calf birkin, and so I want something that's more easier to maintain, like chevre, or swift.. I got to see a swift kelly a couple of days ago and I really like the leather, so smooth..

What to choose, what to choose... c'mon gimme your ideas.. oh, and it cant be exotics coz my dad can have a heart attack when he sees the bill :P

Congratulations! I know you mentioned you liked chamonix for your rouge h, have you considered rouge h in chevre with gold hardware? The color is really rich in chevre.

Ruthenium is darker than Palladium but still shiny......like gunmetal color.

Here's a pic of Ruthenium and Palladium.

Attachments

• _MG_2883.jpg
    _MG_2883.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 133
sarah, with the recent post by Moviegirl that FSH is raining chocolate, I cannot help but think the mothership is 'clearing' the autumn/winter colours and moving into brighter colours for SS2007. Am I the only one thinking this?

So, when you visit the mothership, you may be lucky to see a new colour or two? I guess there is no harm asking ...

For the all time favourite, I too vote for black chevre with gold hardware. I would also not hesitate to grab a raisin box calf with gold hardware too!