HELP me pick a birkin for my b'day!

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Okay folks, my b'day is coming very soon, and my parents have agreed to buy me a new birkin as a b'day present. I have a friend who lives in Paris and I'm going to go that way to get it. I need help on which birkin to choose. I'm thinking like black chevre 30 cm with gold h/w... how does that sound? I also really want a rouge h chamonix 30 with gold h/w, but I know that might be harder to get. I saw my mum's friend with her 30 cm chevre shocking pink birkin and it was so cute, but I already have a fuchsia chevre kelly, so it's too similar.
    I like 35 cms, but last time I used it for travelling and I put the bag on my shoulder all the time, it felt so heavy, so I think I prefer 30 cm.

Black box also sounds yummy and it's been on my mind for like forever, but I already have a thalassa blue box calf birkin, and so I want something that's more easier to maintain, like chevre, or swift.. I got to see a swift kelly a couple of days ago and I really like the leather, so smooth..

What to choose, what to choose... c'mon gimme your ideas.. oh, and it cant be exotics coz my dad can have a heart attack when he sees the bill :P

2. Black chevre w/gold hw :drool: Congrats! So excited for you!!!:yahoo:

3. Congratulations! I know you mentioned you liked chamonix for your rouge h, have you considered rouge h in chevre with gold hardware? The color is really rich in chevre.

4. ^YUM! I LOVE the rouge chevre idea!

5. Rouge H in Chamonix with Gold HW!!!! YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!

6. OR Black Chevre with Ruthenium.........(i'm a big Ruthenium girl......)

7. Oooh Sarah, what a fantastic dilema.
    Black chevre 30 cm with gold h/w gets my vote.

8. :smile: Hi Shopmom - not to hijack but can you pls tell me about ruthenium? I don't see it anywhere much just gold and palladium. (I have hunted for this info and I can't seem to find it in the reference file) :smile:

9. Ruthenium is darker than Palladium but still shiny......like gunmetal color.

Here's a pic of Ruthenium and Palladium.

_MG_2883.jpg

10. How very gorgeous, thank you Shopmom for your help :flowers:

You're always so generous with your knowledge to the people on this forum,
    Handy

11. Thats gorgeous.. no wonder you're a ruthenium girl!!

12. Sarah, you lucky girl! I would go for the black!

13. Oh Sarah, you cannot go wrong with blk chevre and I love it w/ GH!! It would be a lovely addition to your amazing collection, :smile: .

14. sarah, with the recent post by Moviegirl that FSH is raining chocolate, I cannot help but think the mothership is 'clearing' the autumn/winter colours and moving into brighter colours for SS2007. Am I the only one thinking this?

So, when you visit the mothership, you may be lucky to see a new colour or two? I guess there is no harm asking ...

For the all time favourite, I too vote for black chevre with gold hardware. I would also not hesitate to grab a raisin box calf with gold hardware too!

15. I'll go for a Black Chevre with Gold HW. Or do you have any bright red like Vermillion Swift?