Help Me Pick A Bag!

deleckidesign

Oct 23, 2008
OK, I am going to Disney over Labor Day weekend, and need a carry-on bag. I've decided to get something Coach. I go to visit my dad out of state on a semi-regular basis, so I thought that whatever I get I can use for that purpose as well.

I need to be able to fit my laptop in it (15" x 12" x approx 1") - most important. Will also need to put a capacity wristlet, wallet, maybe a smaller wristlet, and perhaps an extra set of clothes (tank, shorts, socks, bra, undies). Never know when the airline will lose my regular luggage.

I was originally looking at the 11180 Signature Stripe Tote in Denim, but I *think* it may be too small to fit my laptop. Anyone have this bag? Plus I also love the legacy stripes inside!

I was thinking maybe a Julianne as well...but am not sure of the durability of it...and putting it down on a dirty belt to go through security. But, I do like the fact that I can wear it crossbody.

Any suggestions? I'd like to keep it at $200 or less.

Honestly, I think the best bag for this purpose is the Heritage baby bag. It's the best travel bag (as well as a baby bag in the event you are planning to have children). It has the tattersall lining, which is so pretty and it's that nice coated canvas in the Heritage collection so it's easy to wipe down. My friend got lucky and SNAGGED one at the outlet for $180 (originally $428). I would check the bay and call your outlet and go on client track. Plus, if you get the brown with gold, it's very neutral and not "babyish" like the pink or baby blue...

I haven't found the perfect Coach carryon yet, but I was thinking maybe a Peyton would be big enough for your laptop (I don't have one so can't say for sure, but it looks big enough). Maybe one of the other ladies who has one can chime in. If there's another 20% coupon, they're going for about $240 at the outlets. Or there are these large canvas open totes that might be good for a carryon, you can see a pic of a green one another tpfer got in this other thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/my-goods-from-the-outlet-and-dillards-sale-492328.html, I think for about $100.

Good luck.

HOw about the Hamptons Weekend Bag in the canvas, either w/ or w/o straps in the green/yellow/red/orange or blue colors? I think after discount they were under 200$.

HOw about the Hamptons Weekend Bag in the canvas, either w/ or w/o straps in the green/yellow/red/orange or blue colors? I think after discount they were under 200$.

I agree. I got one this weekend at Dillard's just for this reason. I got the smaller one and it is HUGE! It will definatly fit a laptop, extra clothes, and odd & ends. It has many large pockets inside. And I got this bag in the green. Such a pretty color. The canvas seems real durable. And the best part is I got it for under $100.00!:yahoo:

I agree. I got one this weekend at Dillard's just for this reason. I got the smaller one and it is HUGE! It will definatly fit a laptop, extra clothes, and odd & ends. It has many large pockets inside. And I got this bag in the green. Such a pretty color. The canvas seems real durable. And the best part is I got it for under $100.00!:yahoo:

Style #70159, right?

I'm also eyeing this bag. I love the look and the size, but there is damage to the strap? Anyone have any experience with taking stuff to a leather shop?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coach-11447-Lar...c0b9cdce9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_3891wt_1167
Elisa is a GREAT bag, but may be to heavy with only one strap on your shoulder to support all the weight.

The strap in the pic that's damaged CAN be repaired by a leather shop, but they may have to take parts of it apart to use good leather to bind those spots together.

OK, so I just ran across the 12979 Hamptons Signature Business Bag w/Legacy Stripe lining and fell in LOVE! And the size is PERFECT.

It's a bag like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Coach-Hampt...bags?hash=item2555cf5653&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

But missing the laptop sleeve.

Found it on bonanzle for $150 :smile:

That looks like a fabulous carryon/business bag. I think I saw a couple of these at my outlet once, I thought the legacy laptop sleeve was a really nice touch. Congrats and enjoy your trip!