help me pick a bag please :)

shells

will work for bags!
O.G.
Nov 20, 2007
i'm on the hunt for a new bag and i just can't decide! i need a good everyday bag that can double as my mommy bag, and am looking at the large diamond stitch tote and the baby cabas. i have found threads where people have mentioned both as good everyday bags, but what do you think has the most longevity in terms of style? is the handle drop on the baby cabas comfortable even over a coat? is the diamond stitch tote really that heavy? and how are people's stitching on the bottom of the baby cabas holding up over the years...any opinions are greatly appreciated :biggrin:

why is it that i have a habit of always wanting bags that are no longer available? :P

hahha. Its fun to hunt for a htf bag. I love the cabas as a mommy bag, easy access. I had the diamond stitch. I know many love it, but it was to boxy for me and I didnt like the large silver cc, even though I love cc's everywhere. Go figure. The cabas is very comfortable on the shoulder, holds alot and the leather is very very durable. What about a Parris Baritz tote? The news ones are beautiful.

i do not own a cabas so can't comment on that though the design is nice. paris biarritz will be a good choice as a mommy's bag as it's not heavy and handles comfortable as compared to the chain on cabas. it's also durable and waterproof so easy maintenance. :biggrin:

the new one is all leather, right - does anyone know the price? it hasn't really caught my eye but apparently they are much better looking in person...i just want to make sure i have a bag that stays on the shoulder easily and i thought the drop on those handles seemed short

i'm so mad, i was about to buy a vintage tote on ebay when someone used BIN about 5 minutes before i used BIN :pout: i haven't seen anything else like it and it would have been perfect! maybe i'll see it here as a reveal...:lol: