HELP me out...I've got a question!

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
Ladies...I had a suprise waiting for me when I got home from work tonight. The UPS man brought me Coach. Here's the catch. It's a late wedding anniversary gift from my husbands grammy and it's so generous but SO NOT my StYLe of bag. It's wayyyyyyy to small! So thoughtfull but I want to take it back! :sad: I was wondering if anyone has had problems getting a merchandise credit from the outlets without a receipt? Tag is still on the bag (she ripped the price part off) but she didn't send a gift receipt. I would sooner let it sit in my closet than ask her for it. I don't want to hurt grammy's feelings ya know... I'd be happy to exchange since I live for Coach bags but don't want to make the hour trip to the outlet for no reason. (PLUS I'd spend $$$ I shouldn't be spending!) ha ha Let me know what your experiences have been. I believe the bag retailed for about $248.00. HeLP! I want to pick out my OWN bag...is that bad?

Yes, the outlet would give you merchandise credit for the lowest price for that model in the system. I had to return an outlet purchase once and I thought I had the receipt but realized I had left it in the car. I was going to get it but warned the SA I had parked pretty far. She asked me if I remember what I paid for it. I did and she offered to scan it for me and it was exactly the price I paid, so all was good and I didn't have to make the long trek to the car. It ended up as an exchange for me as the credit was applied to another bag I had picked out during that visit. However, I read somewhere that Coach is likely to track customers who return merchandise without receipts, I guess to make sure you don't do it too often.

To be doubly sure, you can always call the outlet first and even ask them to look up the return without receipt price for that model to decide if it's worth a trip. And there's always the Bay.

Good luck!

The outlets cut off the price tags when you purchase an item. If the bag is new and unused they will give you a merch. credit for the current selling price of that bag.

Ladies...I had a suprise waiting for me when I got home from work tonight. The UPS man brought me Coach. Here's the catch. It's a late wedding anniversary gift from my husbands grammy and it's so generous but SO NOT my StYLe of bag. It's wayyyyyyy to small! So thoughtfull but I want to take it back! :sad: I was wondering if anyone has had problems getting a merchandise credit from the outlets without a receipt? Tag is still on the bag (she ripped the price part off) but she didn't send a gift receipt. I would sooner let it sit in my closet than ask her for it. I don't want to hurt grammy's feelings ya know... I'd be happy to exchange since I live for Coach bags but don't want to make the hour trip to the outlet for no reason. (PLUS I'd spend $$$ I shouldn't be spending!) ha ha Let me know what your experiences have been. I believe the bag retailed for about $248.00. HeLP! I want to pick out my OWN bag...is that bad?

Yep...you can return it for credit. And no...I don't think it's bad for you to want a bag that you'll use, but I don't know how your grammy would feel. My son bought a small Soho Flap for me a couple of Christmas' ago and it was really too small for me, but I wore it anyway when we were together. I know he put all of his heart into that decision so I wanted him to feel good about it. (he was only 11 at the time) Anyway, it is your decision and you know your grammy best.

Sorry if I wasn't any help.

Since she dosen't live near us I do not believe she will be around here to see that the bag she bought is not being used...otherwise I would keep it and carry it when with her for sure!

Just throwing this out here.... might you want to keep it and use it when you need a small going out kind of bag? It might be a treasure for you someday when she isn't around any longer, kwim?

Can you post a pic?

I've returned Coach gifts to outlets without the receipts for merchandise credit. It's not a problem as long as the tags are on and the bag is unused. You may as well use the credit for something you like better! You will only receive the last sale price for it though.

Gray...Wierd my outlet doesn't cut off the tags...the tags from my outlet bags always are pre-printed that say retail price and beneath it outlet price....is that because I am buying an "outlet" made bag?

LoveCoach I understand where you are coming from on your bag issue...but what does it look like??? Tee hee hee!!!!

Gray...Wierd my outlet doesn't cut off the tags...the tags from my outlet bags always are pre-printed that say retail price and beneath it outlet price....is that because I am buying an "outlet" made bag!

Mine doesn't cut off the tags either. That is ridiculous and a bit presumptuous. What if you are buying it for a gift?!!?!

Are the outlets the only ones that will do a exchange without a receipt? What about the actual Coach Store? I have never tried to return a purchase or tried for credit, I love all my bags !!! Just curious.... :thinking::wondering

Are the outlets the only ones that will do a exchange without a receipt? What about the actual Coach Store? I have never tried to return a purchase or tried for credit, I love all my bags !!! Just curious.... :thinking::wondering

I returned two mini-skinnies for credit against my new Bleecker Tote during the last PCE that were obviously never used (they were in their original wrapping) without a receipt and didn't have any problems.