help me out here,please

i_love_yorkie

and BAGS
O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
ok, my english is not good, so i try my best to explain, w/ "visual" ,lol

at my local Kroger store, there are 4 "self-checkout" stations A-B-C-D. The other day, i went in and was in line waiting (im green dot). all 4 were busy and 2 other people were in line (as drawn:P). the yellow bar is a table with "sale" stuffs.
anyways, i saw the other 2 people in line so i though the line started there, for all 4 machines, so i waited behind the other guy.
it's obvious was the line- if not- people would move to the other side- know what i mean?
then, a man (purple dot) came and go straight to the other side where no one there.
of course- he checked out before me because i had other 2 people in line.
Untitled-6.jpg

what i should have done? should i tell him "the line start here"?

and i dont know how is the line supposed to be.

this happens very often.

TIA

chag

O.G.
May 30, 2006
Looks to me like there are two lines. You were standing in the line that serves A and C and the purple dot guy was in the B and D line. Our store has a similar situation and it has two lines. Not much help sorry :shrugs:

i_love_yorkie

and BAGS
O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
well, i dont know why the other guy infront of my didnt get to the other side if there was 2 lines?
also, the other man should see obviously a line right there? KWIM

so it should be 2 lines --ill do that next time
thanks for your help

Last edited:

madamefifi

cat hoarder
O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
^^Maybe the guy ahead of you didn't change lines because he just didn't feel like it, but there's no reason why you can't change lines as long as you don't line-jump someone. I almost never change lines in the grocery store because I am too lazy I guess. I often bring a book with me to read in line so I don't mind waiting.

luvhautecouture

Chanelaholic
O.G.
Sep 18, 2007
I see what you mean. Sometimes people just don't realize, but I think if there are 3 people in one line and no one in the other, purple guy should've seen that there might have only been one line.

When that happens, usually someone kindly says: "excuse me, the line is back here". However I am not 100% sure because I was not in the store with you today.

P.S. Your visual was very helpful!

ShimmaPuff

Sentient IMBUSILE
Oct 12, 2006
I know I am influenced right now by the "privacy" thread, but just to be safe, I don't know if I would want to start a disagreement of some kind with someone I knew absolutely nothing at all about.

I understand the frustration, but life is so short. Just don't empower him to ruin any more of your day or spend any more of your emotions than he already has. Use the energy saved to hug your loved ones, and teach a child about internet privacy!

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
The guy may have just genuinely thought you guys were in line for the other side - maybe you he figured you were with the people in front of you? In this case, I think two lines would be appropriate since the table prevents anyone from lining up in the middle like normal. At any rate, I certainly wouldn't spend too much time thinking about it, since it looks to me like something that could easily be an honest mistake.

RaeBelle

The Commish
O.G.
Jan 15, 2008
Where I used to live this used to happen all the time. It had that exact layout, and people always used to think there were 2 lines. The grocery store put a sign up saying there was only 1 line. This helped cut down on people line cutting.