Help me nurse her back to health!

Aug 26, 2009
Ok, so I finally got the Soho Tweed Satchel in the mail the other day, and she was squashed inside the box! My poor baby! Now that I have gotten her out and stuffed her so she can "re-inflate," I have noticed she is a very VERY weathered bag. Her level of use was disclosed in the listing, but now I just need help nursing her back to health so she looks as good as her sister, Miss Soho Tweed Flap! Any ideas are TOTALLY welcome; I have never had to nurse a bag back to its former glory! I included some pictures so you know what I'm talking about. TIA!!!

4g0pc7.jpg

2iuvkms.jpg

1st off it looks like you've got a stitch missing from the bow, that's simple enough to fix. Now, the spot where there is wear on the flap...is that where there was sealent???

If so just search for sealent threads to get some advice on how to fix that yourself.

I know that Bag, Borrow & Steal does bag restoration, but IMO it's quite pricey, most likely more then you even paid for the bag!!!

Good LUCK!!!

The part that looks dirty is velvet or Suede? If it is Suede just take a file (one that is really soft and rub it. It really works I have do it.

There is a section that looks like the leather is worn is it leather?

The main problems are the deep purple suede trim, and the pale pink (or what USED to be pale pink!) velvet trim. How am I supposed to clean the velvet and restore it back to it's "paleness"??

:wtf: Never seen that purse before! Love. It. Must.......buy. :love: Congrats on finding her, she's stunning! And what an amazing deal!! I really hope you're able to rehab her, and if you do you have to post pics:biggrin:!

hmmmm...i have everything from this collection but this bag, but mine were in good condition...

the pink trim is velvet, perhaps an old clean toothbrush and just brush it out? i'm not sure the nail file will work on velvet