help me ! my cc turn lock / classic flap is peeling?? what the??

alana40

O.G.
Mar 19, 2010
Hi, i would like to know ! anybody (classic flap bag) turn lock is peeling?? the gold bit that stick out for turning the cc metal logo for opening or closing the bag. Mine is?? pelling a bit not noticable if you don't touch it at the tip of your finger, and the bag is only 3 months old.. OMG !! OMG!!! What is that mean??? PLease someone tell..me.....

this happened to my reissue after about 2-3 months (maybe 5 uses as most) as well. chanel wouldn't replace the bag which really annoyed me as the metallic leather was also peeling but they did replace the lock.

The peeling is not uncommon unfortunately. I've heard this issue from other forum members and is quite sadden that Chanel is using non-gold plating in their gold hardware. You need to take it to Chanel to replace the hardware. There should be no charge since your bag is less than one year old. Good luck!

This totally p*sses me off...what is going on with the quality of these bags that they keep raising the prices on?! Take it to a boutique...I'm sure they will replace the lock for you...but you shouldn't have to be doing this in the first place...!!!!

be careful when touch your hardware.
Salt and sugar, which both have the acids that would eat off metals.
So, assure your hand clean with those before turn the Chanel locks.

This totally p*sses me off...what is going on with the quality of these bags that they keep raising the prices on?! Take it to a boutique...I'm sure they will replace the lock for you...but you shouldn't have to be doing this in the first place...!!!!

I agree with you Emmy. I haven't been experiencing any quality control issues myself (yet), but it really bothers me to hear about these problems!

I totally agree with you :yes:!

OP, I really hope that everything works out for you because the peeling on a 3 months old bag is absolutely not acceptable.
They should fix this for free or give you another bag. Good luck!

gosh, now I really regret getting my jumbo w/ ghw that has no gold plate hallmark. :-s

I know what tpfer with a gold ghw reissue that practically turned silver. At first look, it looks like she is carrying a silver hw bag.

be careful when touch your hardware.
Salt and sugar, which both have the acids that would eat off metals.
So, assure your hand clean with those before turn the Chanel locks.
Yes, good advice.... but we really shouldn't have to wash our hands before touching the metal hardware on our bags. This is ridiculous.

gosh, now I really regret getting my jumbo w/ ghw that has no gold plate hallmark. :-s

I know what tpfer with a gold ghw reissue that practically turned silver. At first look, it looks like she is carrying a silver hw bag.

Maybe you can sell it and use the money for your Hermès wish(es) :graucho:?
I can only say, Hermès quality is really a lot better than the quality of the latest Chanel bags (but I still love the Chanel bags).

Btw, maybe this is a stupid question :shame:...where can you find the gold plate hallmark? Because I see a stamp on the CCs of my lambskin Jumbo but I have no idea if this means that it is gold plated?

And the bag of that TPFer, is it gold plated? How old is it? I really hope that my Jumbo will keep the gold color for a very long time.

Last edited: