Help me make a decision! Van Cleef and Arpel's Alhambra or Chanel WOC?

ltucci

New Chanel Addict!
O.G.
Feb 25, 2006
Hello all,

I am looking to buy myself a present for completing my Masters :graucho:

I am thinking of either a Van Cleef and Arpels classic single Alhambra necklace OR
a black Chanel WOC.

I had a WOC but sold it...way back when... :sad:

Please help!

TIA

I would go for the Chanel WOC, but it it all comes down to personal preference..
Do you prefer jewelry or bags?
Would you wear the necklace everyday and just grab your WOC once a month?
Ask yourself these questions and maybe a few more and you'll know what to get😉
Good luck deciding and congrats on completing your masters!

I would go for the Chanel WOC, but it it all comes down to personal preference..
Do you prefer jewelry or bags?
Would you wear the necklace everyday and just grab your WOC once a month?
Ask yourself these questions and maybe a few more and you'll know what to get😉
Good luck deciding and congrats on completing your masters!

Thank you for your input!
Jewelry or bags...tough question! I love them both! LOL
I would wear the necklace daily....:biggrin:

And the WOC? Would you use it a lot?

I would ... since my sons are getting older and I need something hands free...I also like that it can transition....across body, over shoulder, and from day to night....
However, I can probably manage with the other bags I have right now :smile:

Last edited:
That makes it a tough decision...
But, if would wear both daily, my vote goes to the Chanel WOC!! GL and do let us know what you end up deciding!

Oh, what a tough dilemma because you have narrowed it down to such good choices!!! Hard for me to vote yet so can I ask a couple questions? What do you have less of...jewelry or handbags? Do you already have one of something but in a different combo or designer? For example a WOC from a different brand or color or a necklace but a different color or brand that you already wear daily?

Oh, what a tough dilemma because you have narrowed it down to such good choices!!! Hard for me to vote yet so can I ask a couple questions? What do you have less of...jewelry or handbags? Do you already have one of something but in a different combo or designer? For example a WOC from a different brand or color or a necklace but a different color or brand that you already wear daily?

Hello!

Great questions! I have an even amount of both I would say. I do not have a small cross body bag...BUT feel I could probably purchase something similar ...

I currently wear a small gold Anzie necklace in mother of pearl....I do not have a "higher end" necklace....

What I do like is the symbolism behind the Alhambra design... health, prosperity, luck and love.....

:smile:

Hello!

Great questions! I have an even amount of both I would say. I do not have a small cross body bag...BUT feel I could probably purchase something similar ...

I currently wear a small gold Anzie necklace in mother of pearl....I do not have a "higher end" necklace....

What I do like is the symbolism behind the Alhambra design... health, prosperity, luck and love.....

:smile:

I forgot to congratulate you on such a wonderful accomplishment! Fantastic and good job!! Congratulations!

Okay, back to questions. Shoot, I was hoping your answer would help me know which one to vote for more clearly. The Chanel WOC and VCA necklace are both incredibly beautiful and timeless. And others have made valid points. So with that said, I say Chanel WOC. I only say that because based on your original post it sounded like you are lamenting your old WOC that you no longer have so this would be a chance to have one again and replace it. Good luck with your decision.

I would go with the Alhambra. Jewelry will definitely outlast a bag any day. I would lust over a particular bag and sometimes after wearing a ton, it doesn't hold up nicely. This is nice brands as well.