Help me make a choice? (photo)

LadyBelle

O.G.
Mar 18, 2012
I'm 5'8 200lbs and put my name on the waitlist for the Maxi black caviar gold hardware double flap. However, I keep wondering if it will look too casual in this size. I would want to wear it both with jeans and slacks/lbd's. But then I thought that maybe the jumbo was too small for my body.
My other issue is that I LOVE the gold hardware, but all of my jewelry is silver/white gold. Is this a big deal. I just find something so classy about black and gold. I just bought a new prada black and gold wallet and black suede varinas.
Any advice?

IMG_41891.jpg

A jumbo would also look good on you, and it's lighter than the maxi. I use both yellow gold and platinum jewelry and most of my Chanel bags have gold hardware.

I agree, I think a jumbo would be good for you. I just think the maxi is too big and it wouldn't be appropriate for a night out (you mentioned wanting to wear it with a LBD). Also, I have no problem mixing gold and silver but it really depends on personal preference. Being too matchy can look a little dated sometimes IMO.

I also think jumbo is good for you. Maxi being bigger makes it hard to translate into evening use. I don't think one has to always match the HW of the bag to the rest of the accessories.

I also think jumbo is good for you. Maxi being bigger makes it hard to translate into evening use. I don't think one has to always match the HW of the bag to the rest of the accessories.

+1
I think jumbo size would look better on you!
And I don't see a problem with the bag having ghw and you wearing sometimes silver jewelry

Ok, this is Maxi on me. I put my name on the list and the rep called me 2 hours later. lol. I had to decline because I just cannot make up my mind yet.
Also, I think this jacket will be next on my list.

IMG_9327.jpg

807045ef-bb70-40c7-b05a-86b6fa654e8a.jpg

I'm tall and I never found the Maxi to be too large. I thought it was more proportionate on me... and that red bag is a great size on you.

I'd just worry that the Jumbo will be great with the little black dress, but not so great with jeans when you want to run around and have lots of stuff in your bag.

The maxi looks great on you, but I'd go for a jumbo. I think it will be more versatile not to mention much lighter. I'm sure the jumbo looks just as lovely on you!

I'd go with GHW. I also only wear white gold/platinum, but two of my jumbos have the GHW. It's so classic!

hi Belle.
I love how Maxi looks on you. I do think that both Maxi and Jumbo are daytime bags and would be to big for evening use on anyone. Unfortunately, I do not know how Jumbo looks on you, I think that Jumbo might work too. However, on that particular photo Maxi looks ideal on you. Wish you could take a picture with Jumbo to compare because there is a difference between looking great and looking ideal. I think you should try on both sizes before you make final decision. Good luck getting your classic Chanel. :smile: