Help me ladies! I can't pick a diamond band

etk123

Call me Kiki
O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
the garden state
Hi lovely ladies,
I am driving myself batty with my ring situation. Recently upgraded ering to a 3 stone pear:heart:, and I don't know what to put with it. I ordered two thin eternities thinking one on each side but now that I have them I think the ring looks too chunky for them. I also have a 7 stone band that I've thrown into the mix. I love and planned to stack but possibly that won't look nice with my ering? I can't keep buying rings that I'm unsure of, my dh has had enough of me already hehe. I'm very indecisive and change my mind often, we've been to the jeweler about 7 times since this ring upgrade began. I need you all to tell me what goes with this ering. Possibly something with a little bit of a point to it to tie into the pear points? Like the Tiffany Victoria or Swing? Suggestions with pics would be so great. And of course budget friendly is welcome!! I really want something with some presence to it.

For reference- 2.53 ct pear, G, VS1. Side pears are .65 each. Ring size 5.25. Eternities are .55 each, I'm guessing about 1.5 mm. 7 stone is appx 1ct., my guess is 3mm. All in 18k white gold.

Attachments

ahertz

O.G.
Jul 16, 2007
Santa Monica
I really like the way you're wearing your rings in the third photo -- with the 7-stone and eternity below the pear. IMHO I think with the shape of the pear even chunkier bands on both sides will look off balance.

ETA: Can you take a pic of the two eternities BELOW the pear? I think that might look good as well.

etk123

Call me Kiki
O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
the garden state
The third photo is how I've been wearing them. Dh likes them that way too. I just snapped some pics in the car, I'll post them when I get home. Thanks!

pandapharm

OOH shiny!!
Feb 28, 2011
USA
I also agree, the third arrangement is my favorite!! The 7 stone is well balanced with the skinny eternity in the middle of your larger rings. Would also love to see how the 2 eternities look below your pear.

I think the Victoria would be super cute paired underneath one eternity as well! Not for sure on the Swing but I feel that might compete too much with your gorgeous pear, even with an eternity "spacer."

etk123

Call me Kiki
O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
the garden state
Ok here's a few more photos. Happily I love how the 3 bands look without the ering hehe. Good option for days when the pear is too much. I ordered the eternities before I had picked out the pear, in hindsight I should have cancelled that order and started from scratch for the band. Live and learn, right? And a girl can never have too many diamond rings anyway...:P

Attachments

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
I like the two thin bands below. I also would like a plain thin between the pear ring and thin. Band as well

gingerfarm

O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
SF
I like the balance of the third picture in the first post too. The skinny one gives it a little space and the 7 stone helps tie it together with the big pear.

etk123

Call me Kiki
O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
the garden state
The thing with the 7 stone- when it slides around a bit and the stones are no longer centered on my finger it drives me nuts!!! The pear already slides from side to side, even with sizing beads. I get the pear on one side and the little stones all sliding around to the other side and my finger looks all goofy. But I suppose an eternity band would solve that...:graucho:

etk123

Call me Kiki
O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
the garden state
scarlet- the 7 stone all by itself?

I am going to order a little tiny plain band. The seven stone scratches the prongs of the pear so I need to get a spacer anyway. :smile:

Oct 13, 2008
[The third photo here looks the best IMO .
The simpler the better...your ering takes center stage.
Be careful about having rings rub your ering. My eternity wedding band had worn down the basket of my diamond and I need to have it redone....just an FYI.

QUOTE=etk123;20405301]Ok here's a few more photos. Happily I love how the 3 bands look without the ering hehe. Good option for days when the pear is too much. I ordered the eternities before I had picked out the pear, in hindsight I should have cancelled that order and started from scratch for the band. Live and learn, right? And a girl can never have too many diamond rings anyway...:P[/QUOTE]

etk123

Call me Kiki
O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
the garden state
[The third photo here looks the best IMO .
The simpler the better...your ering takes center stage.
Be careful about having rings rub your ering. My eternity wedding band had worn down the basket of my diamond and I need to have it redone....just an FYI.]

Your poor ering! I've seen some pretty bad pics of this happening. Thank goodness you caught it before your diamond could fall out.