Help me ladies! I can't pick a diamond band

etk123

Call me Kiki
O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
Hi lovely ladies,
I am driving myself batty with my ring situation. Recently upgraded ering to a 3 stone pear:heart:, and I don't know what to put with it. I ordered two thin eternities thinking one on each side but now that I have them I think the ring looks too chunky for them. I also have a 7 stone band that I've thrown into the mix. I love and planned to stack but possibly that won't look nice with my ering? I can't keep buying rings that I'm unsure of, my dh has had enough of me already hehe. I'm very indecisive and change my mind often, we've been to the jeweler about 7 times since this ring upgrade began. I need you all to tell me what goes with this ering. Possibly something with a little bit of a point to it to tie into the pear points? Like the Tiffany Victoria or Swing? Suggestions with pics would be so great. And of course budget friendly is welcome!! I really want something with some presence to it.

For reference- 2.53 ct pear, G, VS1. Side pears are .65 each. Ring size 5.25. Eternities are .55 each, I'm guessing about 1.5 mm. 7 stone is appx 1ct., my guess is 3mm. All in 18k white gold.

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_0119_2.jpg
    IMG_0119_2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 484
  • photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    86.8 KB · Views: 285
  • photo_2.PNG
    photo_2.PNG
    112.1 KB · Views: 273
I really like the way you're wearing your rings in the third photo -- with the 7-stone and eternity below the pear. IMHO I think with the shape of the pear even chunkier bands on both sides will look off balance.

ETA: Can you take a pic of the two eternities BELOW the pear? I think that might look good as well.

The third photo is how I've been wearing them. Dh likes them that way too. I just snapped some pics in the car, I'll post them when I get home. Thanks!

I also agree, the third arrangement is my favorite!! The 7 stone is well balanced with the skinny eternity in the middle of your larger rings. Would also love to see how the 2 eternities look below your pear.

I think the Victoria would be super cute paired underneath one eternity as well! Not for sure on the Swing but I feel that might compete too much with your gorgeous pear, even with an eternity "spacer."

Ok here's a few more photos. Happily I love how the 3 bands look without the ering hehe. Good option for days when the pear is too much. I ordered the eternities before I had picked out the pear, in hindsight I should have cancelled that order and started from scratch for the band. Live and learn, right? And a girl can never have too many diamond rings anyway...:P

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 362
The thing with the 7 stone- when it slides around a bit and the stones are no longer centered on my finger it drives me nuts!!! The pear already slides from side to side, even with sizing beads. I get the pear on one side and the little stones all sliding around to the other side and my finger looks all goofy. But I suppose an eternity band would solve that...:graucho:

scarlet- the 7 stone all by itself?

I am going to order a little tiny plain band. The seven stone scratches the prongs of the pear so I need to get a spacer anyway. :smile:

[The third photo here looks the best IMO .
The simpler the better...your ering takes center stage.
Be careful about having rings rub your ering. My eternity wedding band had worn down the basket of my diamond and I need to have it redone....just an FYI.

QUOTE=etk123;20405301]Ok here's a few more photos. Happily I love how the 3 bands look without the ering hehe. Good option for days when the pear is too much. I ordered the eternities before I had picked out the pear, in hindsight I should have cancelled that order and started from scratch for the band. Live and learn, right? And a girl can never have too many diamond rings anyway...:P[/QUOTE]

[The third photo here looks the best IMO .
The simpler the better...your ering takes center stage.
Be careful about having rings rub your ering. My eternity wedding band had worn down the basket of my diamond and I need to have it redone....just an FYI.]

Your poor ering! I've seen some pretty bad pics of this happening. Thank goodness you caught it before your diamond could fall out.