Help me. Just got my ering and hate the setting

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
They put in a basket setting, no bands sit flush as it is a low profile. I wanted a hugher profile and no basket. Yes, they messed up. I dont mind my bands not sitting pefectly flush, but this is a hot mess!

I want to wear 2 bands with it. I have been looking at settings all day, I had a mini panic attack in the store.
Have any of you heard of Veraggio? I found a setting I like from them at a store near me, but the price was kinda high for 18k. IMO!

The good new is I can return my setting, I cant buy rings( bands) because I dont have my perfect setting. One silly jewely lady at Tiffany's told me to buy my band then setting to mach it. Um no. I am stressed!!
Can anyone point me to a high profile, no basket micro pave settting? I need simple. I guess I am trying to rush this and it is making me feel stressed. Ughhh

Oh forgot to say, it was based off the Cartier 1875 e ring setting, with a surprise stone in the basket, which hides the beauty of seeing a nice stone. The culet is all cut off by metal.

You want something like this?
r968_010Ww.jpg

I don't prefer rings to sit flush. I prefer the character of them looking like I've collected them over time :smile:

another option:

r505-38Ww.jpg

Last edited:
ahh I see, good point!!! I still hate the face I cant see the profile veiw of the diamond at all.
Ahert, those are all gorgeous. I am scared to get a setting online as I cant tell what would look good. What one would be a high profile and open basket? What a noob I am!

Are you going to have your jeweler make it for you?
From the side, you want to see prongs only yes?
How many?
And no basket - you want to see profile of stone/culet yes?

Ahert, those are all gorgeous. I am scared to get a setting online as I cant tell what would look good.

I know Swanky hates it when we do this, but if you're interested in either the Whiteflash Legato or Brian Gavin Truth there are TONS of happy customers with pictures at pricescope.com.