Help me identify my eye shape pretty please!

Reesee

Loving the BB
O.G.
May 13, 2009
Hello all, thanks for coming in and playing "name that eye shape"!
<--- Thats me over there, and here is a closeup of my eyes with no makeup on.
eyes.jpg

I do NOT know how to apply eye shadow so I want to look at tutorials for my eye shape, except, well, I don't know what my eye shape is. Also, if you know of anyone that does tuts that has similar eyes can you let me know? At age 36 I really should know by now.... Many thanks!

I will also chime in and say almond shaped. If you go on you tube I have seen alot of tutorials on applying eye shadows on there. Have fun!

Thanks ladies. If I had to guess I would say I have close-set/ hooded or deep-set eyes. I wouldn't think almond because I can't "wing" my eyeliner because my eyes slant down, if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the comments, now I am really confused. :P

Deep set, yes, I could see that. But in your avatar pic your eyes slant up. Maybe it's just your makeup?

I'm no help...LOL. You could try a few different looks and see which one looks best.

I would agree with the masses and say almond shaped eyes but you also have hooded eyes or should I say lids. I think you should play around with colors and shading to see what looks best. You should do some googling for hooded eyes and see what you come up with.

I have similar eyes and I do my shadow the way I feel comfortable and I don't think it looks bad. I have tried to watch youtube tutorials but I haven't found any that fit my specific wants.

One thing I would definitely recommend is getting an eye primer before you start anything. With our type eyes the lids will crease and you'll end up with a line of shadow on the middle of your lid. I just bought a rather inexpensive primer and I'm loving it. Only 3 bucks! Oh and make sure to add whites or flesh colors in the inner corner of your eyes to make them appear wider. Sorry if I'm rambling but I'm learning all the tricks and tips myself.

Hope that was at all helpful.

Oh thank you ladies, you are the best!!!!!! Thanks for the kind compliments, they mean more than you would know...

One2many - yes! You nailed it with the crease. My lid dissapears when my eyes are open so it is very difficult to do my makeup. I cant use pencils for eyeliner or I end up with a line on my crease where they touch. I have to use gel and set with powder.

holy cow i thought you were in your early 20s from your avatar!!!

yep - definitely use a primer when you figure out your eyeshape. (I have no idea about what shape it is though..sorry!!!)

as for primers, I'm a big fan of Urban Decay Primer Potion. I have super oily lids and this stuff makes the eyeshadow last all day and not crease even in high humidity!