Help me ID Hermes scarf I found....PLEASE!

babydollbeck

Jul 30, 2009
You ladies seem to be the experts, so here I am. I have stumbled upon a beautiful Hermes scarf but I don't know anything about it other than it is genuine. I'll do my best to describe it & I truly appreciate ANY info you ladies might give!

It is a 36" square, silk. I *think* it may be vintage. It still has the original folds. It is a lovely fuscia background with multi-color hot air balloons which little boats attached to them. There is a gold braid trim printed about 2" from the edge. Also - cherubs, sun & moon on the balloons & Hermes printed in black on some of the balloons. The balloons are mainly red, green, purple & some periwinkle. The scarf is signed "Hermes Paris" in the lower right corner.

I have NO idea where this was originally bought or when or the name of the design. ANY info would be greatly appreciated as I *may* list it on ebay.

If it is NOT against the rules I could maybe post a pic here tp help with the id.

In the same batch I also got a 2nd Hermes - It is 36" square, olive green background with mainly purple & gold with a little fushcia & kelly green. It's design has a very oriental feel with the center being an asian warrior on a horse. The scarf has beautiful purple tassels @ each corner & other animals that appear asian.

Thanks so much, ladies! I'm counting on your vast expertise.

Is it this?

attachment.php

You ladies seem to be the experts, so here I am. I have stumbled upon a beautiful Hermes scarf but I don't know anything about it other than it is genuine. I'll do my best to describe it & I truly appreciate ANY info you ladies might give!

It is a 36" square, silk. I *think* it may be vintage. It still has the original folds. It is a lovely fuscia background with multi-color hot air balloons which little boats attached to them. There is a gold braid trim printed about 2" from the edge. Also - cherubs, sun & moon on the balloons & Hermes printed in black on some of the balloons. The balloons are mainly red, green, purple & some periwinkle. The scarf is signed "Hermes Paris" in the lower right corner.

I have NO idea where this was originally bought or when or the name of the design. ANY info would be greatly appreciated as I *may* list it on ebay.

If it is NOT against the rules I could maybe post a pic here tp help with the id.

In the same batch I also got a 2nd Hermes - It is 36" square, olive green background with mainly purple & gold with a little fushcia & kelly green. It's design has a very oriental feel with the center being an asian warrior on a horse. The scarf has beautiful purple tassels @ each corner & other animals that appear asian.

Thanks so much, ladies! I'm counting on your vast expertise.

I'm afraid that if Hermès is printed on more than one of the balloons , it might be a well known fake ...

I'm afraid that if Hermès is printed on more than one of the balloons , it might be a well known fake ...

Based on your description, I believe this may well be the case, although I wouldn't want to say for sure without pictures. I want to point out on behalf of mooks that color is not the issue--nearly all designs are issued in multiple colorways. If you have a different colorway of the same scarf, that's fine and that might help us nail down the year of issue if it's genuine, but if the details of the design don't match, either you have a counterfeit or an entirely different design.

You might try posting pictures in this thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-shopping/hermes-scarf-identification-374160.html

I'm sorry-I'm not communicating well. I don't mean that mine was identical except for the background color. Mine does have hot air balloons but it is a different pattern altogether. It is a fuchsia background and some of the hot air balloons have little wooden boats attached. "Hermes" in black is on some of the balloons. I will attempt to post pics in the Scarf ID thread. Thank you ladies.