Help me get over my fear of swift

But HG, in a structured bag like a Kelly or Birkin, are we talking a pile-of-mush in 10 years? Or are they reinforced enough to withstand time in order to hold their shape?

In all due respect, Hermesaholic, I do find this very hard to believe. I was shown a brand new 35cm Swift Birkin right out from its box, and the moment the air stuffing was removed, the Birkin sagged.

yup it basically falls in a heap after a few month of use. i love it in thecolori have as it makes a perfect casual birkin but it definately is not for everyone or all colors. that said i love swift as it has a incompareable velvety soft touch to it and i was told it also refurbishes quite well
edit. a 30 cm holds its shape better

But HG, in a structured bag like a Kelly or Birkin, are we talking a pile-of-mush in 10 years? Or are they reinforced enough to withstand time in order to hold their shape?
Well, I find anything over a 35cm will slouch. 30cm Birkins and Kellys seem to hold their shape better.

BTW, good luck soon. And shouldn't you be studying?

Pepper, my swift GPT has held its shape nicely! And, it still looks brand new. I never baby this bag (or my swift Berlingot) and adore the look and feel of this leather. I just ordered a 25cm Birkin in swift but agree that smaller bags probably work best in this leather.

Have you made a decision on swift yet?

Thanks and yes.
But somehow this discussion is more intriguing than reading about anal cancer.
Tell me about it!!! How about studying all the types of internal fixation? Oddly enough, even though people find fracture classifcations boring, they intrigue me. I think it's the biomechanics behind how the fracture forms.

But back to business, what are you thinking of getting? Not to be nosy, but if it's going to be a big bag, maybe you should avoid it. But smaller bags may suit you just fine in this leather.

yup it basically falls in a heap after a few month of use. i love it in thecolori have as it makes a perfect casual birkin but it definately is not for everyone or all colors. that said i love swift as it has a incompareable velvety soft touch to it and i was told it also refurbishes quite well
edit. a 30 cm holds its shape better

i have a 30 and a 35.................soft yes. a heap............no.

sure --but clemence and togo can have the same pouchiness

I've got three Togo Birkins -- two 35's and a 30 -- and none are slouchy, Hermesaholic. One 35cm is from 2000, the other is from 2004 and the 30cm is from 2006. They've all kept their shape, and not a scratch or a bat wing in sight. When I started buying Birkins I asked Claude at Hermes Madison for his opinion and he steered me to Togo because it keeps its shape, is fine in bad weather and is relatively light (compared with Clemence and Fjord, for example).

I've got three Togo Birkins -- two 35's and a 30 -- and none are slouchy, Hermesaholic. One 35cm is from 2000, the other is from 2004 and the 30cm is from 2006. They've all kept their shape, and not a scratch or a bat wing in sight. When I started buying Birkins I asked Claude at Hermes Madison for his opinion and he steered me to Togo because it keeps its shape, is fine in bad weather and is relatively light (compared with Clemence and Fjord, for example).

i think there must be variations on the leathers because i refuse to buy clemence because of its floppiness. i have bags in those leathers as well.........in my experience, fjord and chevre dont sag, togo can, clemence does terribly