Help me get my pre-loved Reissue repaired!! :D

I totally agree, believe me I've been buying Chanel for over 15 years... I've just seen recent changes that aren't so buyer friendly... That being said I have also heard of experienced repair experts doing better jobs on items than what has been sent back to Chanel, so I guess that's what I'm getting at too. As far as I'm concerned I expect my Chanel bags to outlive me, lol.... but I think Chanel would prefer otherwise.... And I don't think they prefer to be in the refurbishing business, this is again based on my experience with my SA and talking to other friends having had issues. If I were you I'd take it in and to talk to an SA in the Chanel boutique, see what they have to say, they don't have to know you bought it pre-owned, it could have been a gift... They may say it's from use and give you options, or they may say they can't help you, either way you can go back to your seller with the verdict and go from there. As for the serial number, if it's legit I really don't see how they would deny you, first owner or not. It's hard to get a clear answer from Chanel over the phone unless you have a dedicated SA you deal with who knows you IMHO. It's a wonderful bag I hope you get some resolution.

I was going to say the same thing. The bag could have been a gift or you could have inherited it, in either case, it's perfectly reasonable not to have a receipt. Why not take it in and see what they say?

If you're looking for other options, try ArtBag.com. I don't know how they are on Chanel, but years ago I sent them a vintage Mark Cross bag and it came back looking new. It might be worth getting a quote from them as well. They're in New York.

Reactions: Lola24
If I were you, I'd call Leather Pros http://leatherpros.us.com/ (818) 768-5952 for a quote. Mark is a genius in doing repairs on Chanel and is less expensive than Leather Surgeons. There is a thread someone stared showing his before and afters. I've sent him a couple of pieces and was extremely pleased. Took about 2.5 weeks to get my items back.

Reactions: OCMomof3
Another vote for LeatherPros! Mark is amazing, communicates reliably, and has been in the business of resotoring Chanel bags for over 2 decades. He truly works miracles, and his pricing is very fair.

Hello fellow purse-aholics! I am having a dilemma and could really use your insight. I just purchased a gorgeous 15 series (from 2011) black Chanel Reissue with GHW off eBay. I love the bag and have had it authenticated, though it only came with dust bag (and the serial sticker inside). The seller, who is very reputable, has a 14 day return policy for any reason.

I received the bag, and unfortunately the stitching on the inside of one of the flaps is coming loose and has in fact has totally unraveled in some places. It is over a small area that wasn't visible in pictures nor was it mentioned in the listing. I informed the seller, who was horrified over the oversight and agreed to refund me the cost of repair if that's what I wanted to do. I believe her that it was an oversight and want to keep the bag, but I can't get anyone to repair it!

I tried a nice bag repair shop in my city but he didn't feel comfortable working on such a high cost item, and on such a delicate repair. This guy has super positive reviews. I called a nearby Chanel boutique who said they don't do any work on bags older than 5 years (I knew about this policy, but hoped I could still pay for a repair). The Chanel in San Francisco told me on the phone I can pay to have repairs done on an older bag, but it would be best if I could find a receipt, otherwise they would just look up my serial number to "confirm ownership." I assume this means since I'm not the original owner, they won't do the repair, even if I pay. Has that been everyone's experience here?

So now I'm stuck. Seems my only option is to keep hunting for a bag repair place until I find some random person who's willing to try to fix it (scary!) or try to repair the bag myself (also scary!). If I carry the bag I risk the thread coming even more loose. I really don't want to return it, it's so beautiful and I got a great price. But if I literally cannot get it repaired, what am I supposed to do? Anyone else have this issue?

View attachment 3584789 View attachment 3584790
Please let me know how your SF store experience goes. I have a similar issue with a bag I baught from fashionphile and i would love to figure out the best route to go.