Tech Help me fix my digital camera!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've had my Sony Cybershot for about 4 years now and this is the first time its ever happened.

A few days ago, I was using my camera and for some reason, it would only let me take two photos at a time and then the memory stick would be full (it usually lets me take about 60 photos before).

Then today, I tried using the camera and it doesn't turn on! There was still battery left before today so that isn't the problem, but I did plug it in to charger just to make sure. There's a light that shows up saying its charging, yet I still can't get it to work.

What do I do? Am I out of luck?

2. is your battery holding the charge ?

3. You should probably take a look at the Sony support website for the camera. Is it possible that there is an issue with the memory card such as needing reformating? Maybe try a different memory card if that is a possibility.

4. It *may* still be under warranty. Contact Sony, you might be able to send it in for FREE. I dropped my Canon, sent it in for a repair (free!) and got it back within 2 weeks.

5. I'm going thru the same thing. FIrst memory card worked wonderful, had tons of pics saved. It got full so I replaced it and this card only holds a few before saying it is full. I googled last time and went on settings and deleted everything. That worked for a very short time,now full again. I've lost opportunitys taking pics because of this. Mines definately not under warranty though.

6. Check your settings to see the size for your pictures. If for whatever reason, you have it set to take pictures in a larger size, this would eat up a lot more space in your memory card so instead of giving you 300 pictures, it'll give you a 100.