Help me find the perfect everyday bag!

OHAI!
O.G.
Jun 23, 2007
I've been after THE perfect everyday bag. HOping you good tPf ladies can help me out!

I'm after a bag that can take a good everyday bashing.

Preferably calf/ deerskin bag
Soft unstructured leather
Has at least one inner pocket
Preferably with a crossbody strap
No OTT in your face logos

Must be able to fit an iPad, book and other day to day necessities

Help!

I've had a Balenciaga City which was the perfect size, but the leather did not age well. I currently have a Prada Vitello Daino tote, which is perfect but a bit too big.

I'm thinking perhaps a Proenza Schouler Ps1 and I'm definitely after some other suggestions!

TIA

Givenchy pandora. It can be worn 3 ways, don't look at the online stock photos, look in the Givenchy forum. Such a great everyday bag. Mine is the distressed pepe leather. It gets better with age.

ps1 medium will fit ipad, wallet, bottle of water, and sunnies. Not sure about the book though. The only disadvantage is a short strap (for being crossbody) and gets a bit uncomfortable when carried full.

Oversized Mulberry Alexa maybe? don't own one but was on the list

Reed Krakoff Gym Bag:

cameron-diaz-and-reed-krakoff-gym-bag-gallery.jpg

Deadly Ponies Mr. Leopard or Fill N. Zip (made of deerskin - longer crossbody strap can be ordered separately):

12MrLeopard_1024x1024.jpg

fill_N_Zip_Black_1_1024x1024.jpg

Agree with the PS1 Medium and Givenchy Pandora - I have and love both.
You may also want to look at Anya Hindmarch - she makes several styles that may fit your requirements. I have the Faithful http://www.shopbop.com/faithful-top-handle-bag-anya/vp/v=1/845524441945954.htm and it is a medium-large sized boxy-shaped but slouchy bag which is lightweight and seems to fit all your requirements. I have had mine for some time now and it has worn very well.

The Mulberry Alexa is a great everyday bag and would fit all the requirements on your list. It is also recognisable but with a very subtle actual logo. Alternatively a medium or large Chloe Marcie satchel (the one with a strap) also sounds like it would be perfect.

While I have no immediate suggestions for the perfect everyday bag, I can recommend the perfect every OTHER day bag...

The Fendi 2jours. It is the perfect gorgeous shopping type tote although it does not immediately look like a shopper. The leather may be a bit more structured than you like but the shape has some flexibility so as not to be too rigid. The style also may be more formal than you were originally looking for. However, I think a little formality helps a bag age well - give it try. As good as it looks in the pictures it is even better in person.

Hmmm, I'm thinkin' Bottega Veneta...
I lurve the second one :girlsigh:

I don't know how tall you are, but the PS1 doesn't quite work as a cross body for most people. It's just a tich too short.

Attachments

• 45191372VU_12_r.jpg
    45191372VU_12_r.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,376
  • 45192770KX_12_f.jpg
    45192770KX_12_f.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,321
PS1 is great and nice bag... or maybe you can consider Chloe Marcie, Mulberry alexa, or alexander wang rockie bag... i don't own alexa bag but i love the style... chloe marcie is the bag that i don't need to baby...because the leather is thick and easy to wipe when it gets dirty...just need the baby wipes without alcohol to wipe it off... good luck :smile: