Help me find a new roomy Chanel tote! suggestions needed!

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So i purchased my first Chanel a few months ago after much dramas. It is a red caviar classic flap which i adore and love to death. I treat her like a piece of jewellery and will hopefully pass her onto my daughter in future :shame::heart:

I wear her most days but find i just really need a bigger bag as they don't fit much other than a wallet, keys, phone and makeup!

I initially wanted a modern chain bag but i am very short and figured it would just dwarf me :crybaby: I went into the Sydney boutique today and unfortunately i just looked really stupid wearing the jumbo classic flap (it almost looked like a suitcase on my small frame!) and the timeless classic tote i was eyeing was still too small for my liking.

i like things that don't need to be handheld in order to be worn (like the doctors bag). i am not a baby cabas girl unfortunately. i am not a fan of patent or metallics. not a fan of cambon. god i am picky!

should i just wait until a new style comes out? wait for a coloured reissue in the 277 size? go for a *gasp* bag from a different designer e.g. mulberry or ysl?

here's a bit about me:
    style: new vintage, alot of dresses. most of my clothes are from LOVER®

which bag, chanel or otherwise, do you suggest?

2. First of all, we have almost every single thing in common, down to me working in advertising too. :yes:

I am 5 ft.--small frame. I have the modern chain flap and it is too small for all of my stuff, so I only carry it as a dinner bag now. I don't like cambons or baby cabas either--however I do have the "smaller version" of the large cabas and use it as a work tote (not totally in love with it after having it for a few months).

here's my recommendation--I have the black grand shopping tote. it's a great structured bag, kind of dressy, and is so organized and roomy. But doesn't overpower me either.

For more casual days I have the small modern chain tote. At first, I thought it was too big for me, but the more I carry it and the more I take a glance in mirrors and windows as I pass by, it doesn't appear as big as I thought it was. It has so much room and I absolutely love it. I have the red, and the color is spectacular.

Good luck. Let us know what you end up with!

3. I was going to suggest the grand shopping tote as well. I am almost 5'2" and find it doesn't overwhelm me at all. It is also very classy looking, especially in black.

4. I was going to suggest the caviar GST also. I don't have on yet since I purchased a jumbo flap but it is on my want list.

5. Have you looked at the N/S Cloudy Bundle tote? I think this is a great bag. I didn't look at this one much originally because in many of the photos I saw, the drawstring was pulled tight, so it looked kind of barrel-ish. But, the bag has a magnetic snap closure which allows for the possiblity of leaving the bag flat and a little wider at the top. The leather feels amazing, and there is plenty of room in it..btw, we are about the same size, and I think this one looks great on! Good luck!
    Tami

6. I suggest the Grand Shopping Tote also. I've got one, and it holds a ton.

7. the luxury tote/bowler is gorgeous, it's not too bulky and easy to manage. The luxury flap would probably be a abit too small, if you said the timeless CC bag is too small.

8. allbrand do you remember how much the tote retailed for in australia? i remember trying it on before thinking "wow this is gorgeous can't believe i've never noticed it before". now i'm bummed to think i could have bought it!