Help me find a burnt orange bag?

Mar 31, 2009
I’m dreaming of summer, including a great summer bag. I’ve been obsessed with the idea of a burnt or dark orange bag for a while, but I haven’t been able to find one that fits the bill. It should be medium or large, not too structured, have no or minimal logos, and have a casual vibe. Pre-loved is fine, and I’d like to keep the price under $1500. I fell in love with the Bottega Veneta in the photo maybe two years ago and am still thinking about it (the color is “Arizona”), but couldn’t find it anywhere.

Ideas?

Attachments

• 63AE9548-415E-4A00-8CB0-629F1D18E328.jpeg
    63AE9548-415E-4A00-8CB0-629F1D18E328.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 223
You know, I never think to use this color for summer, but it does make sense! I know it's not luxury designer, but I have a Coach 1941 duffle in the chili color that sounds like what you are looking for. The leather on these are amazing, I have one in a winter white color too. They are no longer on their site, but you may find one second hand. Significantly lower priced than your budget range. 20180913_074504.jpg

I’m dreaming of summer, including a great summer bag. I’ve been obsessed with the idea of a burnt or dark orange bag for a while, but I haven’t been able to find one that fits the bill. It should be medium or large, not too structured, have no or minimal logos, and have a casual vibe. Pre-loved is fine, and I’d like to keep the price under $1500. I fell in love with the Bottega Veneta in the photo maybe two years ago and am still thinking about it (the color is “Arizona”), but couldn’t find it anywhere.

Ideas?

Arizona is fabulously-fab.

My Gucci Soho Disco is the same in Suede (I think from 2015)

Bottega is still doing beautiful burnt oranges. What about the Cassette bag?

Doni, I seriously considered this bag, and there is one on Tradesy in this exact color, but it is slightly too small and the color is a bit bright. I do really like a lot of BV's new stuff, though. Love the more rectangular shapes and large weaves. I really like the new shoulder bag and I love the new Arco bag.

You know, I never think to use this color for summer, but it does make sense! I know it's not luxury designer, but I have a Coach 1941 duffle in the chili color that sounds like what you are looking for. The leather on these are amazing, I have one in a winter white color too. They are no longer on their site, but you may find one second hand. Significantly lower priced than your budget range. View attachment 4637209

CoachMaven, thank you! This is a stunning color! And yes, it is great for summer. When do you wear yours?

Arizona is fabulously-fab.

My Gucci Soho Disco is the same in Suede (I think from 2015)

OMG, papertiger, isn't it? I'm a bit afraid that nothing will compare to Arizona, and I really love that camera bag style. Sigh.

I've ordered a Loewe mini Lazo in what I think is Vermillion (it was pre-loved, and the color name wasn't given), and will post pictures when it arrives (photo from the website attached). I'm worried that I may find the proportion too small, but it looks like it would hold everything I regularly carry, and I love to walk and walk in the summer, so a small bag is a plus. The color looks pretty fab, but it also looks quite different in different photos, so we'll see.

Attachments

• 9A37985F-BDC1-4CE4-9D3A-F80E7439CD50.jpeg
    9A37985F-BDC1-4CE4-9D3A-F80E7439CD50.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
My favourite colour for any season, not orange but burnt orange ..,,all my travel bags are in that colour...Baleciaga weekender in rouille, Francesco Biasia weekender burnt orange and tangerine XL Longchamp.......not what you are looking for though...just to share my love for the colour and for both Bottega Venetas

Reactions: serenityneow

Ideas?
My most used summer bag is an orange BV Cervo hobo, I have taken it everywhere from national parks to the beach to the summer art shows. It’s a beautiful casual summer bag, it’s not for everyone but I love mine.

Attachments

• 1F3B5646-A308-4293-B9AD-1BF3519AC9E4.jpeg
    1F3B5646-A308-4293-B9AD-1BF3519AC9E4.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 4458DEE7-C7B9-434E-A439-099C4702D2D2.jpeg
    4458DEE7-C7B9-434E-A439-099C4702D2D2.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: serenityneow
My most used summer bag is an orange BV Cervo hobo, I have taken it everywhere from national parks to the beach to the summer art shows. It’s a beautiful casual summer bag, it’s not for everyone but I love mine.
Will you please find me one, thank you. I’d ask for yours, but I can tell it’s pretty attached to you. :flowers:

ETA Sorry, OP - the BV Cervo Hobo is my all-time favorite bag, -and- I want orange as well. :heart:

Will you please find me one, thank you. I’d ask for yours, but I can tell it’s pretty attached to you. :flowers:

ETA Sorry, OP - the BV Cervo Hobo is my all-time favorite bag, -and- I want orange as well. :heart:
Brandearauction from Japan on eBay has one, mine is a bit too loved, desperately needs a good spa.