Help me find a black handbag!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I'm not sure if anyone remembers but a while back i was asking everyones opinion on the versatility with this bag (pictured below ---got the picture off eBay--- it's not my actual bag).

Well after hanging onto to it for a couple of weeks i've decide that it is not versatile enough for me. I love the bag because its very original looking but I'm going to have to return it because I've determined that the fur is too "trendy"

[​IMG]

Now I need your help to find a basic black bag. I need to be able to wear it on my shoulder and I need it to be leather. Other than that I have no idea what to get. Any suggestions?? I want a substantial sized bag. I already have plenty of small bags and clutches for going out. The bag pictured about was about 16-17 inches long and it was perfect.

My new bag needs to be my standby black bag that I can pull out anytime and it will make me look and feel great and always be in season. (yes I do wear black purses in the summer :toung: ) Basically a classic bag.

Oh--I prefer the bag to cost under $500. Under $400 would be even better, but I'm reasonable. HELP :blink:

2. I know you said under $500...but how about $566? hehe

[​IMG]
    Botkier
    Mini Holster Bag $566.00

Featuring a studded wraparound strap, roomy main compartment, and supple Italian calfskin, the Mini Holster is the best of Botkier in a beautifully sleek size. Two exterior pockets keep everyday necessities at your fingertips, while a tasseled zipper pull finishes the look in signature globetrotter style.
    Soft Italian cowhide
    Polished hardware
    Two studded exterior flap-pouch pockets with magnetic snaps
    Studded wrap-around belt with polished hook closure
    Zippered main compartment with tasseled pull
    Two open compartments on either side of main zippered compartment
    Folded leather shoulder straps; 8" drop
    Botkier logo interior with two patch pockets and a zipped pocket
    Protective metal feet at bottom
    Measures approximately 12" x 7.5" x 4.5"
    Made in the USA

3. Kojiko, I've never been fan of the mini-holster. The actual holster is so much cuter and more functional.

Here's some nice Black Botkier on eBay right now - I've looked over the pictures and they check out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-665-NWT-Monica-BOTKIER-HOLSTER-Black-handbag-NR_W0QQitemZ6815294698QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Botkier-Black-Color-Leather-Clyde-Bag-Purse-new_W0QQitemZ6815624706QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Botkier-Large-Black-Leather-Luxe-Trigger-Bag-Purse_W0QQitemZ6814682232QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think you can get the full-sized Holster for the starting bid of $285.

4. It looks like it might be too small. is there a larger version? Its okay if its over $500. i just want to find a bag that makes me drool when i see it

5. Oh yeah don't forget that I HAVE to be able to carry it comfortably on my shoulder while shopping.

You guys know how much a pain in the but a top handle bag can be while you're trying to carry 5 shopping bags :weird:

I'm getting exited. I know its just a matter of time before someone posts a pic of the bag that I will melt for. :smile:

6. Humm.. let me think.

Looks like everyone is being pretty helpful thus far!

7. Funny thing is....with my huge closet of bags....I don't own a black bag. I have black totes and black clutches but no every day bag in black.

8. [​IMG]
    $298

[​IMG]
    $535

[​IMG]
    $525 (the medium size is $425)

[​IMG]
    $595

All from activeendeavors.com

9. Ooh ooh I love the third and the fourth one.:love: I recognize the last one as being a Kooba. But what is the third one? i have to get online to take a look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nuts:

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice