Help me figure out flowers for my wedding!!!

I thought about you after viewing a wedding my cousin went to. The theme was Fall, I believe. If you take a careful look at the bride's gown, she has a brown satin sash wrapped around her (which is the same color as your bridemaids). I think if you go with orange/red tints, your colors will tie in nicely. Hope this helps! Congrats...btw!

Attachments

• wedding fall.jpg
    wedding fall.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 27
I thought about you after viewing a wedding my cousin went to. The theme was Fall, I believe. If you take a careful look at the bride's gown, she has a brown satin sash wrapped around her (which is the same color as your bridemaids). I think if you go with orange/red tints, your colors will tie in nicely. Hope this helps! Congrats...btw!

I haaaaaate the sash idea - it was the only thing I knew going into this whole wedding charade that I didn't want. It's great for some brides - not for me.

I'm SO confused with colors! My soon-to-be mother in law kinda threw me off. We had her over for dinner the other night and I brought out my wedding binder with printouts of the fall color pallet, different dress styles, the flowers (I presented her with the small white calla lily bouquet with the bordeaux colored dress for the girls, and me with the bordeaux/black forest calla lily bouquet - then the guys with the corsage that we liked, 1 white calla lily with a black magic (deep wine colored) tea rose to the right of it - and she says "no offense - but I don't know why you guys are all about this red for when you're having a fall wedding. It does not go AT ALL". :confused1: ok...? So we showed her the fall color pallet we're working with:
Fallcolorpallet.jpg

And she didn't see how the bordeaux goes with the pumpkin color - and now I'm all torn! She didn't like the calla lily idea... she hates the idea of having my bouquet not be white... and I know I should be like "it's my wedding" - but that's not how I am. I've never been married - I don't want to look like a fool. I take her oppinion seriously, especially being I really don't have a mother to help me... Oh man :sad:

So this is what I presented her with:
For me, either black forest calla's alone, or mixed with black magic roses:
amp_redb_2.jpg
Mine.jpg

The girls:
bridesmaids.jpg

The boys - this picture is where I got the idea - but this isn't *it* - it's just the basis. I like this, but take the white rose to the left out of the picture - turn the red rose into a black magic rose, and remove the hideous red ribbon:
Menscorsageminustheribbonandwhitero.jpg

But she wasn't into it! I think she's very traditional - white bouquet of ROSES for me - some elaborate thing for the girls - but roses. I wanted to be different... but I don't want to look like a fool! :crybaby:

You don't look like a fool at all - those colors go together wonderfully! I think it is really pretty and that you should get whatever bouquet you want! Plus, the black forest callas will really pop against your dress... white ones just blend in and look boring to me.

Have you considered going with a dark expresso color bridesmaid dress with these flowers? I think they would show up MUCH better against a slightly contrasting color than the same color. Remember - this is about "stage" presentation - not at all the same as you would do when it's just you at a party. JCrew bridal had some great dresses in that color this fall, and they come in a variety of styles. I was at a wedding in Chicago in early Nov - these were the bridesmaids and female children's attire - beautiful color, fabric and workmanship. By the way, I love your idea for the bridesmaids bouquets.

What are "these" flowers? I think you're under the impression I want my bridesmaids to carry flowers that match their dresses...? The idea is that their flowers match my dress and my bouquet matches their dresses. So their bouquet would be white calla lilies, and my bouquet would be deep wine-colored. Are you saying you think the white calla's would look good with them wearing the espresso and me carrying the deep red bouquet? Confused :confused1:

you should get what you want. deep red looks good for the bouquet, I like your first options It works great with the fall wedding. Maybe your FMIL is more traditional and don't like the deep red? but you should go with what you feel is the best. =)