Help me figure out a croc combo,my grail bag ........

You are welcome :smile:, medusa2020. Alternatively, you can also consider Blue Roi. This color is one or two shade lighter than Blue Indigo and it's nice, IMO.

Not sure if H make it in croc but I know they have Blue Roi in Ostrich.

I talked to my SA just the other day about croc bags. He brought out a 35cm havane croc birkin. Absolutely stunning BTW. I got to walk around with it a while. Yummy!
As to shiny vs. matte, he and another SA said to go for shiny because it is easier to take care of and more durable.
I'm wondering the same about color -- if I only have one -- what color?? One SA suggested black because it can go anywhere.
I really like Miel (at the moment) because it can go both casual and more formal and it's just darn gorgeous.
Good luck!

CynthiaNYC I love shiny too, somehow I just thought that it was more high maintenance than matte, thanks!
Sus I'm glad to hear that shiny is easier to take care of & is more durable,I had always thought that it would be easy to specify 30 shiny black porosus GH but with so many great neutral colors available, I want to explore the possibilities before I come to a decision.Thanks!

Medusa - for me size is a primary consideration here. See in a 30cm I'd do glazed and/or bright color but in a 35 I prefer matte croc.

As for hardware - I'd match it to the skin.

What you want to do with this bag is, I think, quite important. Where/when/how you want to carry it KWIM?

Handybags thanks for the points to ponder!
I want to take it everywhere: to the grocery store, travelling, to the kids' concerts, to tennis,shopping,to casual dining,to the gym....that's the gist of what it'll go through....is that a glazed or matte bag? I appreciate your viewpoint....

Interesting because that's exactly what I want to do with mine and for that reason I want a 35. I also want matte croc but I did not realise it is harder to care for than glazed.

I am hoping it wont be my only one though. Eventually I'd like a lovely glazed 30 as well (don't tell my DH that though :ninja:smile:

Sus - did you SA say why glazed is more durable? Lilach which do you find best?

i would go for matte with PH because i feel it's more modern and young, but it really depends on your style. it's hard to know what to say in a thread like this because all i can really say is what i would get since i have no idea what your personal style is.
for me, personally, the shiny croc is a bit too flashy and dressy. i like the easy subtle chic of matte croc with PH. my pics would be havane, black, graphite or rouge garance.

medusa, sorry to reply so late. (I'd no internet access for a couple of days, which felt like eternity by the way).

When do you think you'd like to own a croc Birkin? Is this for 2008? If it is, I suggest you call your H store to find out what are the croc colours offered at the July podium. (not the same croc colours are offered to every H store, some colours offered to Europe may not be offered to Asia) And choose from the July podium offering, so your store can help you get a croc birkin. It really is no point wanting a colour that is not offered, as it may take forever or never to arrive.

Mrs S,no internet access, yikes!I would have parked myself in Starbucks!Glad you are back on:wlae:
I think an order would take at least 2-3 years, hopefully by letter N.....
SM had ok'ed barenia, black, havanne.....I better check regarding other colors.....LOL Here I am with miel,graphite,anthracite,indigo, rouge h, floating in my mind...I could be in for a disappointment.....
Mrs S, what is your take on matte/glazed, 30/35, maintenance for glaze, is it difficult to look after? I would like to use this bag 24-7........TIA