HELP ME! eBay Fraud, and now I don't know what to do!!!

So the 175.00 was only a partial balance? I wouldn't wait for this investigation....I'm thinking that may be all had in his paypal acct since they've obviously sided with you. I'm so glad to hear you paid with amex thru paypal. File a claim with amex, then you can always close it if you get the balance in the meantime but it'll take awhile, if at all, if he's naru'd.

lamiastella said:
I think the $175 actually came from eBay. I'm very confused about all of this, since I've never had to deal with any of this Bullsh*t before. Ughhhh!!!

The last time I had to file a complaint (years ago) I recall that ebay only refunds up to a certain amount. Also they take off something like $25.00.

For example if the most ebay will pay for a claim is $200.00 and your dad spent $150.00, when your claim goes through and they give you some money back it will be $125.00. I never understood why they had to do that, you basically won't be getting back your full amount. (I hope I am not giving you false info, but if I am someone please speak up)

That is why after the first time when I didn't get everything back the second time I had to file a claim I just go through my credit card company.

The last time I had to file a complaint (years ago) I recall that ebay only refunds up to a certain amount. Also they take off something like $25.00.

For example if the most ebay will pay for a claim is $200.00 and your dad spent $150.00, when your claim goes through and they give you some money back it will be $125.00. I never understood why they had to do that, you basically won't be getting back your full amount. (I hope I am not giving you false info, but if I am someone please speak up)

That is why after the first time when I didn't get everything back the second time I had to file a claim I just go through my credit card company.

That's exactly right. The most they will refund is $200.00, and then they take off their $25.00 "processing fee". Since he bought 2 coins from this person, he got back $175 for each transaction.

Not really. My dad talked to American Express and they took care of the one coin. It won't be showing up on his bill and they are looking into the situation further. I'm not sure what happened with the other coin, since he paid for that through Paypal via his Visa bank card.

If he paid with a Visa bank card you can file a chargeback just like any other credit card company. I bought 3 leather purses from a ioffer seller with my Visa check card & when they arrived they were pleather. :censor:

I filed a charge back with my bank & got all my money back. Just make sure you give a full detailed description of what happened.

Goodluck

UPDATE!

I got a letter today from the State of West Virginia - Office of the Attorney General. THey sent me some papers to fill out and said they would be taking immediate action!

I HOPE THIS SUCKER GETS BUSTED!