Help me decide!

Which one should I get?

• #1: 9" with antique hardware

• #2: 10" in excellent condition

• #3: 10" in good condition

Results are only viewable after voting.

anasa

May 26, 2010
Hi everyone! I'm looking into buying a pre-owned classic flap and have a couple options. I've come up with a pros & cons list for each one. Would love to get your opinions! :smile:

1. 9" with antique hardware
-Excellent condition, very little wear
-Comes with authenticity card
-Quilts are not puffy (but I don't mind since it gives it a 'vintage' look)
-No returns
-Smaller size, which is fine since I don't carry too much but I just want it to look proportional for my 5'6", size 6/8 frame
-I LOVE the look of the antique hardware
-Probably not something I'll find again

2. 10" in excellent condition
-Excellent condition (8.5/10)
-Quilts are deflated, but puffier than #1
-Comes with authenticity card
-Same price as 9"
-M/L size is classic
-But "classic" also means that it will always be available
-Although I don't anticipate being able to buy another Chanel for a long time (many, many years - need to accomplish some things before another big splurge)
-Can return (will have to pay fees though, so this is the last option)

3. 10" in good condition
-Good/great condition (some signs of use)
-Quilts are deflated (in between #1 and #2)
-Shape is a little less defined
-Gentle signs of use on hardware (will need to clarify this with seller, since it's hard to tell from photos)
-No authenticity card
-Can return (will have to pay fees, so this is last resort)
-Significantly cheaper than #1 and #2

I think #2. It's in the best condition; good price; returnable & classic. Although you say that as it is a classic, it's a style you could always get in future, I think it's a beautiful flap as a basis for your preloved collection.

Although it's irrelevant in this scenario, I think GHW always looks best against classic lambskin.

Let us know what you decide!

I think #2. It's in the best condition; good price; returnable & classic. Although you say that as it is a classic, it's a style you could always get in future, I think it's a beautiful flap as a basis for your preloved collection.

Although it's irrelevant in this scenario, I think GHW always looks best against classic lambskin.

Let us know what you decide!

judge from the front pic only, i say 2nd!

Thanks for your opinions! I'm curious though, with the significant price difference ($500-600), is it worth going for #2 instead of #3?