Help Me Decide ...

mdlovesbags

Sockless
Oct 6, 2009
I am trying to narrow my bag collection to 32 bags. Which means some of my RMs are going to have to go. The problem is I love them all! What would you keep?

Here is the full group
Left row Orange Haze MAM; Teal MAM; Sunshine MAB Luxe; Grey croc zip rocker
Middle Row: Matinees in Luggage; Jade (this is definetely staying); YDG
Right Row: Black Haze MAB; Mini Delight; Plum MAB; Auburn Loveletter MAB; Stone/Jade Steady

DSCN0516.JPG

Wow you have some great RM's... It's always tough to have to decide what to keep in your collection... Just start with what you use often and put that aside and take it from there....

Keeping you total collectin to 32 wow I am trying to pare down to 10 total!!

Here is what I would keep and why bu t it really depends on what you love and use the most! Looks like the grey croc rocker hasn't been used so it goes!

Left Row: Teal Mam -best RM leather ever! Orange Haze -orange is a great color!
Middle Row: Luggage-good brown color and Jade(it's jade!)
Last row: Black Haze Mab, and I am torne between Auburn and Plum Mab well keep all those!

SO this is what I would sell based on what I like but what ones do you use the most?:
grey croc rocker
sunshine MAB luxe
YDG matinee
Steady

So oddly enough all the bags you put in the front of the rows....

Gosh that would be a tough decision since you do not have 2 of the same color bag. That is the way I would eliminate bags, by duplicate color. But you have such unique colors this will be hard. I would have to agree with Tara and weed out the bags you use all the time and keep those then so on and so on and the sell off the ones you rarely carry.

I would keep all black & grey bags, first and foremost...you will always wear those...and keep matties and the plum MAB (impossible to replace...) This is hard...

OK first off, your RM collection is gorgeous! If RM only accounts for 12 out of 32 bags, I really want to see the others! :nuts:

I agree that you should get rid of the Croc Rocker since you haven't used it yet. I also think if you're for sure keeping the Jade Mattie, then you should sell the Jade/Stone Steady since it has Jade in it as well.

The others are all so pretty I can't choose! Good luck with your decision!

Gorgeous collection, md! Here are the definite keepers (from left to right): teal, luggage, jade, YDG, black haze & plum. If you don't have a small bag, keep the rocker (handy as a clutch, too).

Thanks everyone. This is so much harder then I thought, every bag serves a different "need". I haven't used the rocker because it was buried under the other bags until today :smile:

The "good news" is that I realized the MAC is too small for me so I've put those up for sale. Otherwise this would be impossible!

I was thinking of getting rid of the orange bag (although orange is my favorite color) because the orange haze is not nearly as soft as the teal. But from what I've read the hazes take time to break in so maybe I just need to wait.

Such problems - right?

I have been doing a lot of dithering on my blog, but I like to check in with the experts here. It's easier to talk to people who get why this is so hard.

A tough but admirable task! I am in purging mode too.

I’d say it really depends on what you use the most/what is the most versatile. For me, I’m trying to keep some style variety (i.e., not have ALL satchels and incorporating different sizes) and some color variety while still sticking with what I love the most and what I can get a lot of mileage out of. I’m also keeping in mind that in a few cases, if I get rid of some bags they would be very hard to replace because of their rarity if I ended up regretting my decision.

Of your goal of 32, how many of those do you want to be RMs? In other words, how many RMs are you trying to purge?

If you’re on the fence about some, I’d recommend the hiding trick (I think I’m going to do this soon for a few I’m on the fence about) – hide a bag for a few weeks, and if you don’t think about it/miss it, sell it!

This thread may be helpful for you as well:
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags...ur-collection-pursuit-one-bag-how-540419.html
It’s like a support group.

My initial impression is to get rid of 1 or two of your MABs, one of your matties, your stone/jade steady since you are planning to keep your jade mattie, and your grey croc rocker since it looks like you haven’t used it (though I also think this is a wonderful, durable, and versatile bag). If you want to be super aggressive with your RM purging, I’d say keep one MAM (teal?), one MAB (black haze or plum), and the jade mattie and purge everything else.

^ I agree with thesdeer. I'd start by purging a style of each. And multiple colors.

Also, just want to mention *sometimes* these type of threads are not allowed if they come off as solicitations since buying/selling/trading is not allowed thru tpf, so it would be appreciated if you didn't mention which specific items you would be selling :smile:

Sorry Des - I did not intend to solicit. If I need to delete anything let me know.

thesdeer - thanks for the thread link. I have always wanted a Chanel bag but never thought I could have one. But if I get really ruthless (and stop shopping) maybe I'll be able to get one one day.

My problem (well one of like a million) is that I like variety -which is how I got into such trouble in the first place. I need to practice safe shopping :smile:

I totally understand. The thread I linked above started off as more of a purging-everything-to-buy-one-bag thread, but now it’s more of a support group for people who are thinking of editing their collection in any way, or at least trying to be less impulsive about purchasing.

I know for me, I’ve acquired a lot of things that I just don’t use – and then I’ve bought more without getting rid of what I don’t use. I’m trying to think out my purchases more, and I’m also figuring out my “magic number” of bags that I love and use.

Do a little at a time, starting with the easiest to get rid of. It’ll get easier, I promise!