Help me decide!!!

dolphins59

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
Hi everyone!!:biggrin: I am fairly new to posting but am always on here looking! Anyways I really need help. I purchased the Tiffany platinum vintage oval key pendant.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite..._params=s+5-p+5-c+573050-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

I already own a 1/2 carat solitiaire set in a half bezel but I really love the setting on the tiffany one (see link below) and the idea of having a tiffany solitaire. I worry that i would not wear the key as must. I just can't decide what to do!!!! Any opinions would be greatly;) appreciated!!!

I also really like the 4 prong solitaire
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/ite...6-ri+-ni+0-t&selectedsku=25098706&mcat=148204

The setting on the Tiffany solitaire looks like a fairly standard piece. I bet you could have your 1/2 solitaire that's currently in your half bezel reset into a similar setting. It would offer you the same look at a much lower price.

Personally, I would keep the key pendant (so pretty, congrats!) and the solitaire you already have.

Thanks Kitsunegrl! I was thinking the same thing I think I just have this obsession with it being Tiffany but I know I can get over that plus I really really like the key too!!

Thanks again:yahoo:

Flipflopgal I do really like the solitaire too. I am really torn. I did call Tiffany's yesterday and I found out that I can get almost half a carat solitaire for around $1000 more that the key. It is I color but for a pendant I think that would be fine plus I know I would always love it where the key I do love but fell I might grow tired of it eventually.

Flipflopgal I do really like the solitaire too. I am really torn. I did call Tiffany's yesterday and I found out that I can get almost half a carat solitaire for around $1000 more that the key. It is I color but for a pendant I think that would be fine plus I know I would always love it where the key I do love but fell I might grow tired of it eventually.

I think the key is very pretty, but in the long run a solitaire is a classic piece and you can wear for a long time. I would say buy both lol but the way the economy is, I would get something that I can wear with jeans or more dressy.

That statement you made about maybe getting tired of a jewelry, Im having the same problem. I have been collecting Tiffany silver pieces for years and Im at the point in a few years I might not be able to wear it anymore. I have spent thousands of dollars on it. Something for you to think about. Good Luck

That statement you made about maybe getting tired of a jewelry, Im having the same problem. I have been collecting Tiffany silver pieces for years and Im at the point in a few years I might not be able to wear it anymore. I have spent thousands of dollars on it. Something for you to think about. Good Luck

Yeah I definetly know what you mean! I only have 1 other Tiffany piece which is silver and I hardly ever wear it. I always turn to my "real" Jewelry. I know Tiffany's is overpriced but I have always wanted something in diamonds and platinum from them and when I saw the key collection I just had to have one:yahoo:! but then I got to really thinking about how long would it be before I got tired of it. (I get tired of things prettily easily unless they are classic). So I figured I would get more for my money and have a lot less chance of growing tired of it if I went with something more classic and while I know I have a solitaire already and I could have it reset into a setting very similar to the Tiffany one, I really like the setting it is currently in and why not just exchange the key and get the Tiffany solitaire and maybe later getting the key or have a similar key made by my local jeweler who does wonderful work! I guess all in all I feel if I am gonna spend the money I feel I would get more wear of the solitaire and feel like I got more bang for my buck!! Thanks for all your comments!

I LOVED the Etoile design so much, but at the time my husband and I could not afford the authentic Tiffany's So we took it to a local jeweler and had him make an exact copy and It was the best thing I had ever done. We took the 1 carat diamond and made the etolie ring with it. I was very satisfied with his work. So you have a right idea. I just think classic is the way to go in the long run.

I bought the Tiffany Key necklace a couple of days ago and returned it within a few hours. The larger size was too big and the small ones were too small, so it just felt awkward to me. Go for the solitaire. I think you'll love it forever.