GD or LV

• Gerard Darel - Charlotte 24-11

• Louis Vuitton - Batignolles Horizontal

Results are only viewable after voting.

darelgirl

Jan 14, 2006
Girls, i need your help!!! :biggrin:

I'm looking for a "big" bag!!!
It should be practical and classy! That's why i figured the Batignolles Horizontal would be perfect, but now i saw the new GD bag form boudoirs thread and i'm torn! I know it is slouchy and not elegant or classy like the BH but it is soo cute! My SA in Paris told me that the bag retails for 380 Euro and is available in creme, camel and blue.
The BH costs about 575 Euro.
I can't buy both because my bf would kill me! I promised to stop a while:suspiciou

What should i do? Please decide for me!!!

GD or LV???

Attachments

• GD.JPG
    GD.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 40
  • batignolleshori.jpg
    batignolleshori.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 31
oh Greenie! What are you doing to me:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: I can't decide between 3 bags!:lol: :lol: :lol: It took me sooo long to make up my mind about the BH! I was between the BH the Cabas Mezzo and the Cabas Piano!

I don't know what to do:sad2:

I read that if you have an angular face & body shape, eg square shoulders (as opposed to rounded) and straight cheekbones etc to give curvy, gathered & flouncy looks a miss - the GD looks curvy/gathered to me, so if you're angular (I am) then the LV will look better because it will echo your basic frame.

If on the other hand you have rounded, soft features and a curvier body, then then the LV will look harsh against your body shape - it just won't look quite right. Try uploading a photo of yourself into a Word doc or similar then putting thumbnails of the bags beside if you can't try them on somewhere w/a mirror, I've done that before and it'll give you some idea of what looks like it should go with your style.

I can't find where I read this advice to link to it, but they're both lovely bags and I don't know the rest of your wardrobe, so am throwing this in for consideration - bin it if it's missed the mark!;)

Cx

Thank you chandi!! I will do that know!!! Let's see what looks better on me!
The thing is that i can go to the LV store and try the BH on but i can't go to a GD shop because there is none in Germany!!

My vote is for the LV Batignolles Horizontal. It is a classic bag and you will be able to wear it for years. I don't think the GD would afford you the same opportunity; it looks slightly trendy to me. A 25 year old or a 60 year old could wear the LV BH, not so with the GD.

I would go for the LV BH because even the gd is very nice it looks pretty trendy. The BH will last forever and has even if you want to sell a much higher re-sell value.

Thank you for the advice! I think i am going for the LV then:idea: But i am not 100% sure yet!

(I can get the GD later, when my bf starts to forget about all my purchases:lol: or i will pretend that i always had that bag and he just didn't pay attention:lol: :lol: )

passerby, the bags are very beautyful!!! Thank you!!!:love: