Help me decide which Tony Duquette pieces to keep or return!

Which Tony Duquette jewelry pieces should I return? Select mulitple choices below:

• Return the big bouquet stone ring

• Return the stone charm bracelet

• Return the smaller, pave sunburst necklace

• Return the pave sunburst ring

• Return the large (no stone) necklace

• Keep them all, they're gorgeous!

• Return them all, they're too gaudy!

Results are only viewable after voting.

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I recently modeled 3 pieces of Tony Duquette Coach Jewelry that I bought on the Factory Online Sale. Since then I've bought 2 more pieces, so with the sale prices I've still spent $300 on 5 TD jewelry items.

I've decided I don't want to keep all of them but I am having a hard time deciding which items to return. At first I thought I loved the stone sunburst charm bracelet, but I have been wearing it around the house and it's clunky and catches on things; so I am thinking of returning it.

I am almost certain that I will return the large bouquet ring because it is just too big. I really like the smaler pave crystal sunburst necklace and the pave ring. I also like the large (no stone) sunburst necklace, but I already have some pave crystal and gold jewelry from Coach so do I need more of it?

In the first picture below you see my entire TD collection. Top row left to right are the pave sunburst ring, the pave sunburst necklace, and the the bouquet ring. Bottom row left left to right are the sunburst charm bracelet and the large sunburst (no stone) necklace.

Take a look at the pics and help me decide which items to return, thanks!

Attachments

• TDcollection001.jpg
    TDcollection001.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 574
  • Pavenecklace&ring003.jpg
    Pavenecklace&ring003.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 598
  • PaveRing&BigNecklace002.jpg
    PaveRing&BigNecklace002.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 527
  • PaveSunburstSunstar001.jpg
    PaveSunburstSunstar001.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 532
  • CharmBracelet&Ring002.jpg
    CharmBracelet&Ring002.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:
I recently modeled 3 pieces of Tony Duquette Coach Jewelry that I bought on the Factory Online Sale. Since then I've bought 2 more pieces, so with the sale prices I've still spent $300 on 5 TD jewelry items.

I've decided I don't want to keep all of them but I am having a hard time deciding which items to return. At first I thought I loved the stone sunburst charm bracelet, but I have been wearing it around the house and it's clunky and catches on things; so I am thinking of returning it.

I almost certain that I will return the large bouquet ring because it is just too big. I really like the pave crystal sunburst necklace and ring and the large (no stone) sunburst necklace - but I already have some pave crystal and gold jewelry from Coach so do I need any more of it?

In the first picture below you see my entire TD collection. Top row left to right are the pave sunburst ring, the pave sunburst necklace, and the the bouquet ring. Bottom row left left to right are the sunburst charm bracelet and the large sunburst necklace.

Take a look at the pics and help me decide which items to return, thanks!

I like the pieces in the 2nd pic best. But I am more about smaller and simpler things. Thanks so much for posting these pics! I loved the look of the multi colored items but they are just GIGANTIC! So glad I did not succumb and buy any of those items.

I love all your TD pieces! I did vote for returning the bouquet ring though, because it sounds like you don't totally love it...so it may not be worn often enough to justify keeping. I really love the sunburst charm bracelet (so pretty!), but if it annoys you due to snagging on things I guess I would return it too, if you think the snagging issue would keep you from wearing it.

To help you in making your choices, here are information and prices for the TD pieces, along with the Coach drill-down pics.

1) Sunburst Stone Bracelet 95930 GD/PX $34.30 (MSRP = $248)
2) Bouquet Flower Ring 95913 GD/PX $66.50 (MSRP= $128)
3) Sunburst Pave Necklace 95914 GD/GD $59.50 (MSRP = $98)
4) Sunburst Pave Ring 95919 GD/GD $53.55 (MSRP = $98)
5) Sunburst Necklace 95928 GD/GD $81.27 (MSRP = $148)

Attachments

• 95919_gdgd_a0.jpg
    95919_gdgd_a0.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 467
  • f95914_gdgd_a0.jpg
    f95914_gdgd_a0.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 477
  • 95913_gdpx_a0.jpg
    95913_gdpx_a0.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 938
  • f95930_gdpx_a0.jpg
    f95930_gdpx_a0.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 501
  • 95928_gdgd_a0.jpg
    95928_gdgd_a0.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 557
I have been having a problem with my sunburst bracelet snagging on things too. I would have liked it better if the charms were smaller and there were more of them. I would have liked it better if the gold wasn't so brassy. I also have a problem putting it on. It is too big for my wrist so I have to attach it in one of the loops. I'm keeping mine though!

I love the pave sunburst ring. You should keep that one for sure. I'm torn about which necklace goes with it better. I am leaning towards the larger one but I'm not sure without seeing it IRL.

Personally, I wouldn't have a need for the large bouquet ring. It is dramatic, though, and would be striking in the right situation.

All very nice pieces! I think the pave sun necklace & ring go perfectly together, and the larger sun burst piece with no stone is kind of a different look because of the longer chain and it's bigger. I would keep those three for sure! :cool:

Also love Violet's idea of using the charm bracelet as a purse charm, very creative! :biggrin:

I like the pieces in the 2nd pic best. But I am more about smaller and simpler things. Thanks so much for posting these pics! I loved the look of the multi colored items but they are just GIGANTIC! So glad I did not succumb and buy any of those items.

I like the pave ring and necklace a lot too. The only thing that makes me hesitate about keeping them I that I already have the Sandy Beach starfish pave necklace, earrings, and stack ring and the Pierre Le Tan Beach jewelry (see link below) so maybe they are just too similar?

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/im-suprised-by-my-pce-purchases-680853.html#post18868336

I have been having a problem with my sunburst bracelet snagging on things too. I would have liked it better if the charms were smaller and there were more of them. I would have liked it better if the gold wasn't so brassy. I also have a problem putting it on. It is too big for my wrist so I have to attach it in one of the loops. I'm keeping mine though!

I love the pave sunburst ring. You should keep that one for sure. I'm torn about which necklace goes with it better. I am leaning towards the larger one but I'm not sure without seeing it IRL.

Personally, I wouldn't have a need for the large bouquet ring. It is dramatic, though, and would be striking in the right situation.

I am liking the big sunburst necklace because it is different from any other jewelry that I have. I mostly have smaller pendant necklaces. My only problem with the big sunburst is that the chain is really long. I'm short and it looks okay when I am standing but when I sit it hangs in front of my belly button! I am not sure how I feel about that that and I am afraid that it will bang against things like desks and tables.

Neither of the necklaces have adjustable or changeable chains. There may be times when I would like to wear the pave necklace longer and the big sunburst shorter. If I can figure out how to adjust them I will like them more!

I love all the pieces! The one I find least practical is the bouquet ring. I find it too bulky and will snag things. All the pieces look fab on you!

I love all your TD pieces! I did vote for returning the bouquet ring though, because it sounds like you don't totally love it...so it may not be worn often enough to justify keeping. I really love the sunburst charm bracelet (so pretty!), but if it annoys you due to snagging on things I guess I would return it too, if you think the snagging issue would keep you from wearing it.

Yeah, I am not in love with the bouquet flower ring. I know that big jewelry is fashionable right now and I am trying to get used to it, but I'm having a hard time falling for that big ring!

You could use the charm bracelet as a purse charm.

I have been having a problem with my sunburst bracelet snagging on things too...

Also love Violet's idea of using the charm bracelet as a purse charm, very creative! :biggrin:

I hadn't thought about hanging the bracelet on my bag as a charm, thanks for the suggestion! I only paid $34 for it so I could use it as a charm without feeling guilty.

I'll have to try that and see how it looks. Whateve, what do you think about that idea, do you think it might catch and snag my clothes or maybe scratch the bag?

Last edited:
I like the pave ring and necklace a lot too. The only thing that makes me hesitate about keeping them I that I already have the Sandy Beach starfish pave necklace, earrings, and stack ring and the Pierre Le Tan Beach jewelry (see link below) so maybe they are just too similar?

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/im-suprised-by-my-pce-purchases-680853.html#post18868336

LOVE the beachy jewelry. The sunburst though pretty, is just not as cute as your beach/PLT items. I can see why you are questioning keeping them. I guess it just depends on if you want some sunburst items to add to your collection. I wouldn't think of it as already having gold and pave items. Id think of it as if you would like the sunburst decor on your jewelry. HTH!

LOVE the beachy jewelry. The sunburst though pretty, is just not as cute as your beach/PLT items. I can see why you are questioning keeping them. I guess it just depends on if you want some sunburst items to add to your collection. I wouldn't think of it as already having gold and pave items. Id think of it as if you would like the sunburst decor on your jewelry. HTH!

I kind of think of the sunburst as a more year-round motif. I know that the sun is a summer symbol but it's welcome all the time. I tend to think of my PLT and sandy beach items as summer only and don't wear them at other times.

Do you think that the TD sunburst designs are also summer only?

I kind of think of the sunburst as a more year-round motif. I know that the sun is a summer symbol but it's welcome all the time. I tend to think of my PLT and sandy beach items as summer only and don't wear them at other times.

Do you think that the TD sunburst designs are also summer only?

I think the sunburst design could be worn any time of the year. I agree that the beach and PLT items are more summery.