Help me decide! Which reissue should I get?

Which reissue should I get?

• Black with ghw

• Grey with shw

• Blue with rhw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 30, 2011
Hello everyone, I have been eyeing a reissue in 227 for ages in the preloved market and shortlisted these 3... and am spoilt for choice!

Please help me decide..
1. Grey reissue in silver (?) Hardware in distressed calf
2. Black reissue in gold hardware in distressed calf
3. Blue reissue in ruthenium(?) puffy sheepskin
Screenshot_20170306-100834.png Screenshot_20170306-100847.png 20170304_230251.jpg

All 3 of them comes with authenticity card, hologram and dustbag, and condition as shown.

Is it difficult to take care of sheepskin, especially when it is puffy? I am worried about the quilts having dimples.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! TIA!

?? These are pre-loved? I haven't heard of puffy sheepskin Reissues being made before. Can anyone else chime in to confirm this? It looks like lambskin to me...which I know some Reissues were made.

Otherwise...sheepskin is quite durable, on the level of goatskin I've been told--more durable than lambskin, not quite as thick as calfskin but smooth and shiny. Interesting look.

I kinda like the gray/silver in the 227 size. The black/gold looks formal which I think is a bit odd for the more casual 227.

**Can I add in my own Reissue dilemma?**

I'm thinking of getting a black 225. I currently own black caviar/SHW M/L classic flap...and I'm torn on whether to go for a black/gold or black/ruthenium 225. It will be used as an everyday/travel bag.

Pros for gold:
- looks dressier than ruthenium; the Reissue chain is stunning in gold
- I already own silver hardware/black caviar classic flap
Cons for gold:
- may be too dressy for daily/ordinary use?
- may eventually wear off with frequent use, unlike the ruthenium

?? These are pre-loved? I haven't heard of puffy sheepskin Reissues being made before. Can anyone else chime in to confirm this? It looks like lambskin to me...which I know some Reissues were made.

Otherwise...sheepskin is quite durable, on the level of goatskin I've been told--more durable than lambskin, not quite as thick as calfskin but smooth and shiny. Interesting look.

I kinda like the gray/silver in the 227 size. The black/gold looks formal which I think is a bit odd for the more casual 227.

Oops apparently it is lambskin although the seller says it is sheep... I found the same bag online. http://www.xupes.com/Handbags/Produ...Lambskin-255-Reissue-227-Double-Flap-Bag.html
I really can't decide because all 3 pieces are beautiful and different.

**Can I add in my own Reissue dilemma?**

I'm thinking of getting a black 225. I currently own black caviar/SHW M/L classic flap...and I'm torn on whether to go for a black/gold or black/ruthenium 225. It will be used as an everyday/travel bag.

Pros for gold:
- looks dressier than ruthenium; the Reissue chain is stunning in gold
- I already own silver hardware/black caviar classic flap
Cons for gold:
- may be too dressy for daily/ordinary use?
- may eventually wear off with frequent use, unlike the ruthenium

I will go for black and gold as it is very glamorous imo, especially in size 225. I have a black chevron w ghw and used it everywhere! It matches almost everything and looks nice. It depends on your daily style as well and what colour looks nice on you..

Reactions: resplendent
Black and gold is classic and smart, grey and silver is elegant and easier to dress down. Blue is fun but would be the third choice for me if it's was my first reissue. Good luck!

My personal favorite is a grey one, but I'm biased, because I'm looking for one [emoji16]
I am also biased, because I have the Anniversary grey. I never thought I'd find the colour all that appealing, but Chanel has made a true chameleon - depending on the lighting, it's blue-lilac-khaki - all in one simple grey bag. I also love the burgundy lining. ❤️ Good luck with your decision, OP!

Reactions: VernisCerise
I vote for the lovely blue. I'm biased because I don't like distressed calf all that much. Good luck deciding OP! I just got my first Reissue last week & I'm over the moon about it. :heart: