Help me decide which dress to wear to a wedding!

Which dress shall I wear to my friends wedding?

• Keep the Missoni dress

• Exchange it for the violet HL dress

• Exchange it for the red HL dress

Results are only viewable after voting.

purses & pugs

@pursesandpugs
O.G.
Oct 26, 2009
Hello ladies! I have a big dress problem and I would appreciate your help! One of my best friends is getting married in August and I wanted to find the perfect dress to wear in this traditional but "young" summer wedding:smile:

After searching a lot I ordered a Missoni dress and I love the colors, the pattern and the stretchy silk fabric but I'm not so sure about the shape, or the lack of shape. It has no waist and I feel this make me look bigger than I actually am:sad: It looks kind of "tentlike"?? I am 5'7, a US 6-8 and a 34D. I will post some mod pics of the dress below.

Shall I keep it or exchange it for one of these Herve Leger dresses?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310228769142&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350305547870&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Here are some mod pics with the Missoni dress

232323232%7Ffp6324%3A%3Enu%3D5865%3E3%3C9%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A58%3A82%3A234%3Bnu0mrj

Here it looks kind of "tentlike" IMO!
232323232%7Ffp63269%3Enu%3D5865%3E3%3C9%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A58%3A82%3A334%3Bnu0mrj

It looks good from the side but I need to put a few stitches here so the bra doesn't show.
232323232%7Ffp63248%3Enu%3D5865%3E3%3C9%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A58%3A82%3A434%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63277%3Enu%3D5865%3E3%3C9%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A58%3A82%3A534%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63394%3Enu%3D5865%3E3%3C9%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A58%3A82%3A834%3Bnu0mrj

wow, a stunning dress! I think you look very good in this. Don`t think it matters that its a bit tentlike, it looks so light and flowing. You don`t look big in it! My guess it that you will be the most gorgoeuslooking girl at the weddign (except for the bride I guess).
I would keep the Missoni!

Ok I am going to be honest. I do not think the dress is as flattering as it should be. You are a stunning woman and I would definitely try another dress. It just does nothing for your figure.

I love the red herve dress!! If you could alter this missoni dress somehow to make it more flattering it may work out for you! Its a gorgeous dress, love the print! However I think the red dress would be so beautiful on you!

wow, a stunning dress! I think you look very good in this. Don`t think it matters that its a bit tentlike, it looks so light and flowing. You don`t look big in it! My guess it that you will be the most gorgoeuslooking girl at the weddign (except for the bride I guess).
I would keep the Missoni!
Thank you! It is very light and prob should be a flowing kind of dress, but maybe it would look better on a slimmer person? Not sure! I like it from the side but it is mainly from the front when having my arms out I don't like.

Ok I am going to be honest. I do not think the dress is as flattering as it should be. You are a stunning woman and I would definitely try another dress. It just does nothing for your figure.
Thank you for being so honest, I really appreciate it! I suspect that what you say is correct, however I'm not sure becuase i.e. my BF says I look good in it (but what do guys know anyway, lol)

I have to agree with snibor. You are so beautiful and Missoni dress does not show your perfect body. I would try another dress.
Any way you are DDG.
Lol, my body is definitely not perfect but thank you for your kind words! And thank you for being honest:smile:

I love the red herve dress!! If you could alter this missoni dress somehow to make it more flattering it may work out for you! Its a gorgeous dress, love the print! However I think the red dress would be so beautiful on you!
Thanks for your comment dear *B*! I will try it on again this weekend and see if it I will look better on when I put a hair clip or something on the side to make the waist smaller.

The Missoni dress is gorgeous - but not doing too much for you in the shape - maybe you can belt it with a jeweled belt for the wedding of have it take in at the waist?

If not, I say get the purple HL

^i agree w/ the belt idea! a waist belt could make it work. try a chain belt too. for shoes, go w/ nude or light gold sandals. black will look heavy. keep jewelry minimal. subtle dangling pearl earrings (chanel?) would be perfect. you'll want to make the dress stand out!

I love the Missoni! I tend to agree with chicago; HL is a little too sexy for a wedding IMHO. I think if you wore a strappy, light-colored sandal with the Missoni rather than the black pump and then either had the dress altered a bit and/or added a belt to it, it would be perfect. TBH, I think it looks beautiful the way it is; it's just that it could be even better with a slight alteration in the fit at the waist.