Help me Decide: Which '09 Lilac Day?

Which '09 Lilac Day should I get?

• Day with Regular Hardware

• Day with Giant Covered Hardware

• Neither! Just get the City!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tooomz

Nov 30, 2008
I'm on the waiting list for 3 Lilac beauties - City, Day, and GCH Day.

I am definitely getting the City from NM (if everything goes smoothly from this point!). I am flirting with the idea of getting a Day from Barney's but I don't know which hardware to choose. Since I'm getting the City with reg hardware, I kinda don't want to repeat that style. On the other hand, the covered hardware tends to get dingy, but the style is so pretty! My indecisiveness is driving me crazy.

Please help me decide before they call me up!

Beauxgoris, yes. Barneys emailed me the following:

We will be getting the bags hopefully some time in September (the exact dates are not known yet) but the following styles will be available in lilac: Arena classic First, City and Day and Arena Perf covered stud City and Day.

nzclaire, sorry no Twiggy was mentioned!

No advice, ladies?

OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :nuts:This is getting me excited! Do they make Lilac w/ SGH in City? I hope they would, I would definitely get 1.
:whiteflag:
Balenciaga, please please make them w/ GH!!!!!

This is bizarre. I just called all the Barney's stores and they said they will not be getting anything in except Raisin and Ciel that is close to a light purple. No light purple or lilac. I would suggest that if you want one, to call and reserve one with NM. I also called the Balenciaga Showroom and they know of what every store has or is getting. They said only NM will have the Lilacs. It would be sad if someone is waiting for Barney's and they miss out on the ones coming from NM.

This is bizarre. I just called all the Barney's stores and they said they will not be getting anything in except Raisin and Ciel that is close to a light purple. No light purple or lilac. I would suggest that if you want one, to call and reserve one with NM. I also called the Balenciaga Showroom and they know of what every store has or is getting. They said only NM will have the Lilacs. It would be sad if someone is waiting for Barney's and they miss out on the ones coming from NM.

did you email leo at barney's? i'm sure he has the proper info. he was the one who told me months ago that they were getting a lavender color in.

I would probably just stick with the City you're getting from NM. I don't know if getting another piece in Lilac would be too much of a good thing.

But, if you LOVE the colour to pieces and know you're going to use it quite a fair bit, then I would suggest going for the RH Day. I'm scared of GCH and the leather peeling on the hardware.

did you email leo at barney's? i'm sure he has the proper info. he was the one who told me months ago that they were getting a lavender color in.

I called the Balenciaga Showroom in Chicago. They know what store carries what and what each (retailer that sells Balenciaga in the US) stores orders are and have been. If I am looking for something, I call them and they let me know what Dept. Store sells what, or sold what and how many they bought etc. or what they have bought in the past so in case they would have one left over that is a past season. When they told me that only NM would have the Lilac and it was a special order bag for NM only, I asked if Barney's would have anything like it, lavender, light purple or another color we don't know about. She said no.

So I called the Barney's New York, (New York) last night and talked to a man that answered the phone after the store had closed for the night. He said no, they had no orders for Lilac or Light purple although he is going to call me back this morning to confirm it. So I called Barney's Hollywood and Barney's Seattle. They both said no and that all they are getting that would be even close is Raisin, which is purple and Ciel that is a very light greyish color. No Lilac or lavender or special order bag.

Hmmm, I wonder if maybe he thought you meant Raisin? I will find out more I guess when I get a call back this morning. I don't know of a Leo there, just Gregory and Martha so who knows. Leo must know something that know one else does then......or he was thinking of raisin maybe. Someone here said they got an email from someone from Barney's. Was that Leo? Maybe they are very special bags and a first for Barney's to do this so know one else knows about it. Not even the Balenciaga Showroom that keeps track of who has ordered what etc. through out the US. What I am concerned about also is how many styles this supposed Lilac is coming in. It sounds like a complete season color then.

I am only thinking of those who want a Lilac now and might be waiting for Barney's to come out with them (or not) and maybe miss getting one from NM.