Help me decide what to buy next!

PrincessSaf

Jul 15, 2014
Hello everyone some of you may have seen my threads relating to the Montana and my concerns about the Hardware on the Noir Magnetique... I ended up purchasing the Marais MM in Mono which I love! BUT I cannot get the Montana off my mind. I love the idea of having a plain Black piece that I can use throughout the winter with no Vachetta worries! BUUUT I have also been considering the White MC Alma PM! I have the Black MC Speedy which was my HG bag and I always said I would have something in white MC one day. With the rumours about the MC line being discontinued I really don't know what to do. I would love to have the Montana for the winter and purchase the Alma early next year but will there be any left?!

Please help! Iv driven my other half mad... He refuses to give me an opinion on any choice I give him now... He likes the Montana.

That is a tough choice because they are both lovely! I would follow your heart. Which one would you be the most disappointed about if you couldn't get it? Try flipping a coin and seeing which one you secretly hope it lands on. GLD!

That is a tough choice because they are both lovely! I would follow your heart. Which one would you be the most disappointed about if you couldn't get it? Try flipping a coin and seeing which one you secretly hope it lands on. GLD!

Honestly? I love them both equally I cannot make a choice. What would really disappoint me is if I got the Montana first and then the Alma was gone... But then I'd feel feel the same if I got the Alma first and the Montana was discontinued in the Noir!

Honestly? I love them both equally I cannot make a choice. What would really disappoint me is if I got the Montana first and then the Alma was gone... But then I'd feel feel the same if I got the Alma first and the Montana was discontinued in the Noir!
Which do you see yourself carrying more? The Montana would be perfect for winter!

Noir Magnetique is very special and Alma is my most favorite style...how about Noir Magnetique Alma? :P I absolutely adore mine!!! :tender:

I would definitely wear the Montana more with it being black. It goes perfectly with what I wear in the winter. But the Alma looks so gorgeous in MC.. It's the only print that I love it in. I did see a lady with a noir Alma in the LV store... It looked gorgeous on her.... Just don't like it on me.

I would definitely wear the Montana more with it being black. It goes perfectly with what I wear in the winter. But the Alma looks so gorgeous in MC.. It's the only print that I love it in. I did see a lady with a noir Alma in the LV store... It looked gorgeous on her.... Just don't like it on me.
Considering you will wear it more, go for the Montana! The Noir Magnetique shimmer is jewel toned and it is outrageously beautiful!!! :loveeyes: Honestly I prefer the Noir MC Alma over the white MC Alma and since you already have a Noir MC Speedy get the Montana. GLD!

Thank you LitGeek for your input!
I might have to get my local store to order them both so I can see them in real life and side by side! In the mean time... plenty of saving!

I have the noir magnetique Montana and love it! It goes with everything, fits a ton of stuff, and is understated, plus I love the black on black. So far I haven't had any hardware issues, but I only use the bag on weekends on rotation with other bags. A few months ago, my SA told me all noir magnetique pieces are no longer being produced, so they will only get more rare as time goes on (just like MC). Good luck with your decision and let us know what you get!

I have the noir magnetique Montana and love it! It goes with everything, fits a ton of stuff, and is understated, plus I love the black on black. So far I haven't had any hardware issues, but I only use the bag on weekends on rotation with other bags. A few months ago, my SA told me all noir magnetique pieces are no longer being produced, so they will only get more rare as time goes on (just like MC). Good luck with your decision and let us know what you get!

Thank you MissIn for your input!
If they are both going to be rare items I might have to go with what I will wear more... There is always the preloved option for the MC Alma but I'm not keen on that. The Montana will also be my first Vernis piece :biggrin:

Thank you MissIn for your input!
If they are both going to be rare items I might have to go with what I will wear more... There is always the preloved option for the MC Alma but I'm not keen on that. The Montana will also be my first Vernis piece :biggrin:

Happy to help :smile: Going with what you would use more is definitely a wise decision. Montana was my first Vernis as well!

Have you considered selling the Marias and getting both the Montana and Alma!! I guess the Marias will still be available by next year...

I haven't considered this at all... I've only had it for a week so I could exchange it... BUT I sadly I cannot, this is my other half's favourite bag and he chose it. I absolutely love it too. I might have to speak to him about this option lol!

i am probably biased because i just finished my search for the mc speedies in black and white. i have always loved the mc line but never purchased a bag. with all this talk of it being less available, for me, i knew i would feel sad without at least one white mc and one black mc bag, so that is what i did, both speedies preloved. if you really feel strongly about the mc, now might be the time. that being said, if you are open to preloved, i would think you could always find an alma if you really want the montana for the winter. best of luck!

i am probably biased because i just finished my search for the mc speedies in black and white. i have always loved the mc line but never purchased a bag. with all this talk of it being less available, for me, i knew i would feel sad without at least one white mc and one black mc bag, so that is what i did, both speedies preloved. if you really feel strongly about the mc, now might be the time. that being said, if you are open to preloved, i would think you could always find an alma if you really want the montana for the winter. best of luck!

I totally get you! That's what iv always wanted.. 1 white 1 black MC piece so I think the montana might have to wait. I'm in the uk and there aren't many good consignment shops here. I love looking at malleries and yoogis closet but with import and tax duty it wouldn't be far off the retail price so I'd rather just buy new. Ebay I'm very sceptical about :-/ also im not a fan of the alma MC with the zipped pocket on one side. I prefer the newer plain PM model. Iv not seen any of the newer model preloved.

Thank you for your input x