Help me decide! Toy Lou Lou vs envelope chain wallet

themolarbear

May 31, 2022
Please help me decide! I am hoping to use this bag professionally for conferences and take it with me on trips, but also I want it to be dressy enough to take to nice dinners.

I love the look of the chain wallet but I have a hard time fitting many things in there due to size.
Downside of toy Lou Lou is that there is no chain- I guess I could always buy one? Also not sure on the durability.
IMG_7244.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7248.jpeg
    IMG_7248.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7251.jpeg
    IMG_7251.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I think it's a very much a matter of preference. Visually both work since they are both small bags.

Personally, in terms of looks, I prefer the envelope. But I am a more dressy or formal person in general.
Though I agree that it does not fit much so practically it would not work.

Colorwise I prefer black-on-black.
It's not about the design. It has more to do with being more low-key and less flashy (aka less logo-y) when it comes to work for me.

Would you consider any other YSL bag? I have the black on black medium envelope in grain de poudre and the medium size is really not that big (feels like a small to me) and it fits everything I need. I have brought it to work events (though nowadays I prefer my coach or prada)
1716233801642.png
Sorry for those of you who have heard me talk about this bag for like the 500th time lol. But I do love and stand by this bag.

Reactions: Chanellover2015
I only own 3 designer bags and all are YSL, im just a fan (plus i cant justify spending so much on Chanel)

The toy lou lou is amazing for an everyday bag but you can also change the strap for a chain one for evenings (i got mine from amazon) to make it look a bit more classy. Plus its just gone down in price! It's my every day bag. I also have a Medium envelope in Crema which is stunning, but it's too stiff for every day use imo, so i use that for special occasions.I have a Lou Lou small which is my favourite but its also a bit too nice for every day and the chain is quite heavy. hope that helps!

Thanks do you know if the mini Lou is the same leather at the toy Lou Lou?
The new version of the new Mini Lou is a similar leather to the Toy Lou lLou, not grained anymore like the previous iteration of the bag, more of a a very slightly shiny calfskin. Although its a smoother leather, I haven't had any issues with scratching.

I only own 3 designer bags and all are YSL, im just a fan (plus i cant justify spending so much on Chanel)

The toy lou lou is amazing for an everyday bag but you can also change the strap for a chain one for evenings (i got mine from amazon) to make it look a bit more classy. Plus its just gone down in price! It's my every day bag. I also have a Medium envelope in Crema which is stunning, but it's too stiff for every day use imo, so i use that for special occasions.I have a Lou Lou small which is my favourite but its also a bit too nice for every day and the chain is quite heavy. hope that helps!
Thank you! This is very helpful. Thinking of getting my 1st YSL!