Help me decide - Timeless CC Tote or Reissue Tote?

thank you, poohbag, for sharing your experience. I worry about the timeless cc losing shape too. I heard reissue tote does that too?

Ladies, would you share your experience of your reissue tote and timeless cc? Do they both loose their shape/structure fairly quickly?

I meant north south not north west lol! My reissue tote has maintained its shape very well! The rectangular shape has a good structure to it. I don't know about the east west version since I don't own one. The leather is amazing-nice squishy soft distressed leather!

I've had the timeless tote and found it to really be more of a purse than a tote. Never had a reissue tote so can't say anything about it - I did like all of the timeless totes compartments!

I meant north south not north west lol! My reissue tote has maintained its shape very well! The rectangular shape has a good structure to it. I don't know about the east west version since I don't own one. The leather is amazing-nice squishy soft distressed leather!
Good catch. I didn't even realize it until you mention it! :smile:

I am glad to hear that the reissue tote is maintaining its shape well. May I ask how often you use the tote and how full do you usually fill it?

Appreciate your insight, poohbag.

I've had the timeless tote and found it to really be more of a purse than a tote. Never had a reissue tote so can't say anything about it - I did like all of the timeless totes compartments!
That's a good point. I did wonder sometimes as the size is close to the reissue 227 to some extent. May I ask how good your tote is holding up? I know its soft caviar and the quilt in this style is slightly bigger than the normal quilt. Do you find your timeless cc sagging or dented/flattened? I start noticing some of the "soft" spots in the timeless cc in the 1st post too. Just wondering how long it will take to get "worse" (if one can call it that as some just prefer the casual look?)

Thank you, D3183.

That's a good point. I did wonder sometimes as the size is close to the reissue 227 to some extent. May I ask how good your tote is holding up? I know its soft caviar and the quilt in this style is slightly bigger than the normal quilt. Do you find your timeless cc sagging or dented/flattened? I start noticing some of the "soft" spots in the timeless cc in the 1st post too. Just wondering how long it will take to get "worse" (if one can call it that as some just prefer the casual look?)

Thank you, D3183.

I'm afraid I won't be much help to you - the timeless tote I only had for about a day as I purchased it with the intent of being able to carry some baby stuff along with my own things (I'm 31 weeks pregnant). I quickly found out that it was too small for what I was looking for - if I had unlimited funds, i would have kept it as it's a great bag. I didn't feel like it would sag after use and it didn't appear to me that there was a great threat of denting.

If I have enough funds and just want a purse for myself, I'd definitely re-buy the timeless tote. It was very practical and held my essentials and then some just fine, but there's no way I could have put everything I wanted for a baby in there too. :smile:

Good luck with your decision!

I am not sure. The one I am looking at is from 2009. There was a similar version of this tote in 2012 but the size of the quilt pattern is not consistent throughout and not leather lining. The 2012 version has feet though! Hope it helps.

Thank you!! I have the North South version and it has not lost it's shape at all. I use it a lot with my kids and pack it in. I like it so much, that I am hoping to find the version you are looking at eventually. I hope that helps!! I get compliment on mine all the time too.

Thank you, poohbag. I also noticed the NS version is not one continuous chain as the one I am looking at is a one continuous chain. I wonder how it would affect the structure... ???? still in doubts....