Help me decide - Timeless CC Tote or Reissue Tote?

Jun 13, 2014
My search for the next Chanel started with my mission for a work tote or an everyday bag/tote. After many back and forth and reading through all the helpful threads on this forum (thank you ladies!), I come down to two remaining candidates which are Timeless CC Caviar and Reissue Tote (I realized GST and Cerf Tote would not work for me).

I have already had a Reissue 226 and absolutely love it! Just don't feel like that's the kind of bag that I would want to bring to work everyday or make it an everyday bag.

One of my consideration points is also that my LO is 2 and definitely will be times that I will need to take a diaper bag with me (can't wait for her to be potty trained!)

What are your thoughts? Which one will be a better work tote or everyday bag/tote? Would love your opinions. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Purseforum2_edited-2.jpg
    Purseforum2_edited-2.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 462
  • Purseforum_edited-1.jpg
    Purseforum_edited-1.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 461
They are both great options. Do either have outside pockets or zip top? I love that the GST has an outside pocket for cell and other items and inside zipper pockets for security especially if you are using this as an every day bag.

They are both great options. Do either have outside pockets or zip top? I love that the GST has an outside pocket for cell and other items and inside zipper pockets for security especially if you are using this as an every day bag.
The timeless cc has two snap buttons outside pockets and inside has 3 compartments with zipper in the middle. The reissue has no outside pockets. But, this reissue tote is an one pocket type of bag with just snap button closure at the top. So, feel I could still reach things fairly easily (though I have read that the chain could be tricky to maneuver as it is one continuous chain).

The timeless cc has two snap buttons outside pockets and inside has 3 compartments with zipper in the middle. The reissue has no outside pockets. But, this reissue tote is an one pocket type of bag with just snap button closure at the top. So, feel I could still reach things fairly easily (though I have read that the chain could be tricky to maneuver as it is one continuous chain).

Are the reissue totes currently in stores right now? Thx!

I have the north west version of the reissue tote which I love and had the large timeless CC tote which I sold. I love the distressed calf of the reissue tote and the look is so understated! The timeless CC tote is super practical with all the different compartments! The main reason I sold mine was I bought the large version which ended up being too big for me. However another issue that I didn't like about the bag is that the caviar was quite soft on mine. I could tell it would lose some structure over time and there were already tiny areas looking dented/deflated. That bothered me so I let mine go.

I have the north west version of the reissue tote which I love and had the large timeless CC tote which I sold. I love the distressed calf of the reissue tote and the look is so understated! The timeless CC tote is super practical with all the different compartments! The main reason I sold mine was I bought the large version which ended up being too big for me. However another issue that I didn't like about the bag is that the caviar was quite soft on mine. I could tell it would lose some structure over time and there were already tiny areas looking dented/deflated. That bothered me so I let mine go.
thank you, poohbag, for sharing your experience. I worry about the timeless cc losing shape too. I heard reissue tote does that too?

Ladies, would you share your experience of your reissue tote and timeless cc? Do they both loose their shape/structure fairly quickly?

Last edited: