Help me decide sloane or pyramid

xlawson

Jul 28, 2007
Not quite sure of all the differences between the pyramid and the sloane besides zipper and adjustable handle. I hear the sloane is more stylish. Any opinion one versus the other. thanks

I liked them both. The zip top is nice if you are not too careful with spillage, but the easy access of the flap is nice too. The sloane seemed a lil bit larger to me too, but both are great. Is the color you want available in both?

As far as i know the handles are NOT adjustable. hmmm.

i think some people find the slightly larger dimensions of the sloane too big. if you like large bags, no problem.

both are totally fabulous. they don't look terribly different when worn IMO, but construction is different. sloane has no seams if i remember right which accounts for the difference in price.

some people think it is hard to find things in the bags since they are both roomy. i use my chameleon insert and it fits perfectly inside the pyramid, and then i have no problem finding anything.

Last edited:
Syma with sloane

attachment.php

oogiewoogie action shot ferro pyramid

IMG_0042.jpg

Which one has the adjustable handle?

Neither has an adjustable strap. The sloane feels a bit bulkier under the arm. It does not have a cell phone pocket. The magnetic flap on the top is nice but the opening of the bag is limited because of the way the sides of the top flaps are stitched. The pyramid is more comfortable on the shoulder. It zips across the top and there's full, easy access to the inside. There's also a cell phone pocket. For me that's a plus. For those who carry larger PDA's it's a non issue. HTH

I prefer the sloane. I love the loop that connects the bag to the strap is covered in leather. I think it makes the bag look more finished. Also I think the Sloane has a larger capacity. I usually carry a small pouch in my sloane to store my ipod and cell phone--so that's not an issue.

Do you like a BV to be more slouchy or more structured?

When I see pictures of the Sloane brand new stuffed (online, etc.), it appears to be very boxy and full, but when I see it modeled and it obviously has stuff in it, it appears to drape more. Do you think that is true?

I think one of the things that has led me to the BV is quality of leather as well as the casual elegance. I wanted a slouchy bag in BV. I have many structured ones already.

Although, after seeing the Montaigne, I really love it and it will make a nice work bag for the office.

I prefer the sloane. I love the loop that connects the bag to the strap is covered in leather. I think it makes the bag look more finished. Also I think the Sloane has a larger capacity. I usually carry a small pouch in my sloane to store my ipod and cell phone--so that's not an issue.

^^Lola, do you think your bag has taken on a more slouchey look and not so boxy since you're using it? It looks boxy in some photos.

^^Lola, do you think your bag has taken on a more slouchey look and not so boxy since you're using it? It looks boxy in some photos.

I have the Ottone Sloane and it is not boxy at all. I love the drape of the bag. When I put more things in my bag like a shawl or sweater it takes on a more structured shape. But when I don't have a bulky item in there it slouches very nicely. I definitely recommend the Sloane shape--it is my favorite BV shape. I love it even more than the Veneta (which I also own) because the Sloane can hold so much more if I need it to. It's great bag that seems to expand when you need to hold more stuff, but collapses in on itself and doesn't look big when you don't need to carry alot.

Sloane! Sloane! Sloane!
I feel totally the same as Lola does. I just received my 'gunmetal'/ferro sloane today, and prefer it to veneta. It holds more and slouches beautifully [no words can describe how gracefully it drapes] that it does not overwhelm me [5'3]. I chose sloane over pyramid is I don't want another flat [with a board] bottom.