Help me decide! Should I get a GH Part Time or GH Day?

cherylc

O.G.
Jun 14, 2007
I was planning to get the argent SGH day whenever it came out but now i'm wavering cause i like the PT too! i had a day with RH but it was stolen :crybaby:and i really love that style so i always thought i wanted another day. i have a first (not sure the correct name, its a tan brown) and love that style but its small so i thought the PT would be great as larger everyday bag in the same style. i don't like the work or city for some reason :sweatdrop: but love the PT. one other thing, i think the PT will be much heavier than the day. what do you prefer??

Okie dokie, I can help. First: The GH Part-Time is heavier than the GH Day. I think both bags fit about the same, possibly the Day more, I once used the GH Day as a weekend bag.

Second: I would say get the Day. You already like the style, it's an awesome shoulder style, the PT has a better shoulder drop than the city and work (have both as well). I think the Day looks better in lighter colors than the PT, the PT looks nicer in dark colors IMO.

I love both of my bags, but I think I find the Day easier for everyday use. Good luck on your decision!

PS - I'm sorry about your bag being stolen!

I am an RH kind of gal but in your case I think I´d pick the day style as it would probably be less heavy although since I don´t own any GH bags I am not totally sure. Good luck!

Kat

ITA with Amie..the Day fits a lot, and the leather looks so yummy in that style, and you are familiar with its shape and use..once again it is so awful to hear of a Bbag being stolen..:wtf:..soo sorry, that must feel terrible..hugs.

Okie dokie, I can help. First: The GH Part-Time is heavier than the GH Day. I think both bags fit about the same, possibly the Day more, I once used the GH Day as a weekend bag.

Second: I would say get the Day. You already like the style, it's an awesome shoulder style, the PT has a better shoulder drop than the city and work (have both as well). I think the Day looks better in lighter colors than the PT, the PT looks nicer in dark colors IMO.

I love both of my bags, but I think I find the Day easier for everyday use. Good luck on your decision!

PS - I'm sorry about your bag being stolen!

thanks for the help! its funny, i was just thinking that if i got the PT i would need to get it in a dark colour, like black or plomb, but i've been dying for a light grey bag. and i'm a little worried the PT is too heavy. i'm going to SF in a cople weeks, so I guess i will make my final decision then! :yes: not even sure the new colours will be out! :nuts:

IMO the Day is the best style for the lighter colors....a minimum of handle darkening. Also, the GH will not weigh it down as much. In the end, and at these prices, you need to get whichever one "grabs," you the most. :love:

I like the look of the PT more esp if it has GH. I just like how the sides slouch down due to the GH and make the bag look less E/W. It depends if you are more of a casual kinda girl, the day will be better. The PT will be more versatile since it can be both casual and a bit formal unlike the day which I think looks too casual.

HmMm.. in all honesty.. Functionality on the GH Day would be easier than the PT.. but sometimes I feel that the day is too casual of a bag even with GH. If you're worried about weight, the PT is definitely heavier than the Day by 2-3lbs. But not as noticeable if you wear the handles over the shoulders, but I do feel soreness in my shoulder after in entire day of shopping... :P. I've owned both at one time & I ended up selling the GH Day and keeping the GH PT. It's one of my favs... and the leather drapes nicely once its broken in. :tup:

Good luck on your decision~!