Help me decide! Pouch 20 or Celine Classic Small?

leeannelee

Feb 6, 2019
Hi everyone! I'm new to the BV thread. The Pouch 20 recently caught my eye and I'm torn between getting the Cammello or the Celine Classic Small Box Bag. I know both are very different bags as well as the price point, but unfortunately I can't buy both since I'm limiting myself to only buying 4 bags this year (one of my New Year's resolutions :biggrin:). And so far, I've already purchased 3 (and it's only June! :eek:) so I'm really thinking about which bag to get.

Most of my bags are black and I have 2 tan / brown colored bags (Loewe Puzzle Small and Gucci Mini Ophidia GG).

I want a mini bag that I can wear throughout the year that will fit my essentials (card holder, keys, airpods, hand sanitizer, lip balm, pack of tissues). I usually wear neutral colored clothes like black, white, beige/brown. I also wear a lot of blue during the summer. My style is also very casual. I'm more into sneakers, than sandals/heels/flats. Also, these two are my choices because I'm looking for a minimal / understated bag that will stand the test of time.

Also for reference, I already own a Celine Classic but it is in the Medium size and color red. I don't own any BV bags yet, so I'm quite excited with maybe finally owning one ;) I would love to hear your opinions. TIA!

1592274290794.png1592274244138.png

I love my Pouch20. The BV leather is divine! Get compliments every time I wear it. Especially since you already have a Celine, I'd vote for the BV.

How long have you had your Pouch 20? Is the leather prone to scratches? :smile: I'm also kinda afraid of the strap. It looks too thin. Do you think the strap will be a problem?

How long have you had your Pouch 20? Is the leather prone to scratches? :smile: I'm also kinda afraid of the strap. It looks too thin. Do you think the strap will be a problem?

I got it in March. Not prone to scratches at all. Still looks brand new, and I haven't babied it. The strap is really long. So I used a hack chloebagfreak came up with. Tie the ends together and then the strap is doubled. It doesn't really work (for me) crossbody when doubled, but does go over the shoulder. So instead of a thin crossbody strap, it's a doubled shoulder strap.

Reactions: jbags07
I got it in March. Not prone to scratches at all. Still looks brand new, and I haven't babied it. The strap is really long. So I used a hack chloebagfreak came up with. Tie the ends together and then the strap is doubled. It doesn't really work (for me) crossbody when doubled, but does go over the shoulder. So instead of a thin crossbody strap, it's a doubled shoulder strap.

Thanks for the tips for the straps! So.. I went ahead and purchased the Camel one. I saw a good deal from Ssense. It was only $907! :nuts: Such a good deal. So excited to see it in person.

Thanks for your help! :smile:

You know you can just make the knots at the ends higher up - so then the strap can be at any length you like ... does that make sense?