HELP ME DECIDE PLEASE

cmk1021

Jul 28, 2016
ok...I currently own a neverfull GM monogram print. At first I thought it was too big but eventually it grew on me and I love it... I love the space, I love the slouchy look about it. Since summer is around the corner I decided to order another neverfull damier azur with the rose ballerine lining. I decided to go for the MM this time just because its something different. When it arrived it seems SO SMALL after using the GM for the last few months. Now Im so torn if I should exchange it for the GM or keep it because its different. I only use the azur print in the summer from June 1st until labor day. My monogram print i use year round. Currently I own the GM, Artsy, speedy 35...all larger bags. Do I keep the MM or will I be disappointed with the size? I have 1 week to decide. Would love to hear everyones thoughts. Thanks!

Only you know whether you'll be disappointed but as you stated you tend to go for larger bags, so maybe exchange for the GM or at least go in store to compare both in the DA print.

Here is my take .... If you plan to use this as you would the GM mono bag then move up a size. If you feel you might not tote as much stuff around given the season or whatever reason, then stay with the MM. For example, I tend to use big bags myself, which serve as a catch all bag and/or a work bag for me. I just had to make this decision on the Neverfull DA and decided to go with an actual small purse to accompany my catch all nylon or canvas bag for the summer. This serves me well as I won't worry about color transfer or knocking it around and it will truly be a purse - I got the PM actually. I can fit loads in it but again use it like a purse. Hope this helps.

i agree with previous posters in that it sounds like you really do prefer the gm. the only thing i would add is to consider what your lifestyle in the summer months is like. in other words, do you like to lighten up and carry less when it's warm out or are you someone who wants the option of carrying more recreational type items for the summer months, ie water bottle, book, beach or pool things, change of clothes, etc. i would let function guide this decision. so take a moment to consider how you will actually use this bag during the summer. best of luck! the azur nf with rose ballerine is gorgeous in any size. keep us posted : )

ok...I currently own a neverfull GM monogram print. At first I thought it was too big but eventually it grew on me and I love it... I love the space, I love the slouchy look about it. Since summer is around the corner I decided to order another neverfull damier azur with the rose ballerine lining. I decided to go for the MM this time just because its something different. When it arrived it seems SO SMALL after using the GM for the last few months. Now Im so torn if I should exchange it for the GM or keep it because its different. I only use the azur print in the summer from June 1st until labor day. My monogram print i use year round. Currently I own the GM, Artsy, speedy 35...all larger bags. Do I keep the MM or will I be disappointed with the size? I have 1 week to decide. Would love to hear everyones thoughts. Thanks!
I know the feeling all too well - it's like driving a large vehicle for a while and then hopping into a small car, except that your butt isn't now hovering 6 inches above the pavement:lol: Only you will be able to decide if the MM will work for you or if you're better off with the GM, but some things to consider are: your needs and lifestyle during the summer (do you carry a lot or do you tend to downsize?), does the MM fill a niche (does it offer something unique and different that your other bags can't replicate as easily, if at all?), and do your summers get quite hot/are you agitated by heat (larger bags tend to trap a lot of body heat and can be perceived as heavier/cumbersome, especially if you're sensitive to high temperatures, and this could cause agitation/fussiness).
There's no right or wrong answer, but what's most important is that you're happy with your bag. Give yourself a day or two to sleep on the situation since it will help put things into perspective and help you to feel confident in your decision.

I know the feeling all too well - it's like driving a large vehicle for a while and then hopping into a small car, except that your butt isn't now hovering 6 inches above the pavement:lol: Only you will be able to decide if the MM will work for you or if you're better off with the GM, but some things to consider are: your needs and lifestyle during the summer (do you carry a lot or do you tend to downsize?), does the MM fill a niche (does it offer something unique and different that your other bags can't replicate as easily, if at all?), and do your summers get quite hot/are you agitated by heat (larger bags tend to trap a lot of body heat and can be perceived as heavier/cumbersome, especially if you're sensitive to high temperatures, and this could cause agitation/fussiness).
There's no right or wrong answer, but what's most important is that you're happy with your bag. Give yourself a day or two to sleep on the situation since it will help put things into perspective and help you to feel confident in your decision.

A well thought out response [emoji106]

Reactions: Aliluvlv
do your summers get quite hot/are you agitated by heat (larger bags tend to trap a lot of body heat and can be perceived as heavier/cumbersome, especially if you're sensitive to high temperatures, and this could cause agitation/fussiness).

I think this is a terrific add on to what I was saying and essentially is another reason why I downsize during the summer. Perfectly stated!!

I use my Neverfull Gm everyday and couldn't use a MM. I've gotten so use to the size, the availability of space if I need to throw in a light jacket and etc. I live in the south where it's hot all the time so it never bothers me. I just ordered the Melie and now worried it may be too small. If it is then I guess I'll go to the Artsy. I just think about how much I carry everyday and how much room I want in a bag. Best of luck!